Cheesy and creamy Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells are a fun twist on a classic Italian recipe! This easy pasta dish features shells stuffed with a cheese and chicken mixture, slathered with Alfredo sauce, and baked to perfection.
Easy Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
Alfredo pasta in any form is a favorite for many – nothing quite compares to the thick, creamy, decadent sauce. We’re mixing things up and adding yet another Alfredo recipe to our repertoire – Alfredo stuffed shells.
Each cheesy chicken stuffed shell is topped with Alfredo sauce and baked until golden brown and bubbly. This baked pasta is the ultimate comfort food!
Why You’ll Love this Stuffed Shells Recipe:
- EASY: There’s nothing complicated about making stuffed shells. This dinner recipe comes together quickly and once it’s in the oven, your work is done!
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: These stuffed shells are made with basic ingredients commonly used in Italian pasta recipes.
- FAMILY FRIENDLY: Both kids and adults will love these Alfredo stuffed shells. Complete the meal with a side salad and homemade bread.
What’s not to love about these cheesy, creamy Alfredo stuffed shells?
How to Make Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Cook the pasta shells.
- Make the filling.
- Stuff the shells and place them in a baking dish.
- Top the shells with Alfredo sauce and cheese.
Stuffed shells are boiled large pasta shells that are filled with a cheese/vegetable/meat mixture and baked in the oven. This version is filled with a cheese and chicken mixture.
I love using rotisserie chicken, but any cooked, shredded chicken works great. If you have any leftover chicken on hand, use it up in this stuffed shells recipe!
Yes. Prepare this recipe through step 5, cover tightly, and refrigerate for 24 hours before continuing with step 6.
Wrap portions of baked stuffed shells with plastic wrap, place into an airtight bag or container, and freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator prior to reheating.
These chicken Alfredo stuffed shells are full of flavor and a delicious way to use up leftovers. They’re easy to make and even easier to eat!
- Generously fill each shell before placing in the baking dish.
- Place the filled shells open-side up so the filling stays intact while they bake.
- The cooked pasta shells can tear easily. Make a couple extra pasta shells in case any do rip during the assembly process.
- Use your favorite Alfredo sauce (store-bought or homemade) in this recipe!
After one bite of these stuffed shells, everyone will be asking for seconds!
How can I fill the shells without breaking them?
Hold the pasta shell in your non-dominant hand and, with your other hand, use a spoon to gently fill the shell.
How can I add spinach or broccoli to the filling?
Add 1 cup of chopped, cooked vegetables to the filling. I love adding sautéed spinach or roasted broccoli to these stuffed shells.
Can I use rotisserie chicken?
Yes! Rotisserie chicken is my go-to, especially on busy weeknights.
More Italian Dinner Recipes We Love
Homemade chicken Alfredo stuffed shells are rich, decadent, and ultra flavorful. Simple enough for busy weeknights yet fancy enough for dinner parties, this is a recipe to keep in your back pocket!
More Baked Pasta Recipes to Try:
- Italian Stuffed Shells and Meat Sauce
- Baked Spaghetti
- Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Pasta Primavera with Cream Cheese Alfredo
- Spinach Stuffed Shells
- Seafood Lasagna
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!