Get in the festive mood with these finger licking cranberry chicken wings! These baked wings are a wonderful mix of sweet and salty and they make a great addition to your holiday menus!
Super easy to make and the flavors are out of this world! I promise you, these will be a hit!
Table of Contents
Why you’ll love Cranberry Chicken Wings:
- Easy: The wings are baked on a sheet pan so clean up is a breeze and this recipe requires very little prep.
- Perfect for a crowd: This recipe makes 24 wings and the recipe is easily halved and doubled.
- Great for any occasion: These wings aren’t just for Christmas! They are a great appetizer all year round and are a great choice for the Super Bowl!
How to make cranberry wings
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Whisk together the ingredients for the sauce.
- Marinate the chicken wings in half the sauce and set the rest aside.
- Place the marinated wings on a baking sheet and bake in a pre heated oven.
- Heat the remaining sauce and bring to a simmer to thicken it.
- Base the wings with the sauce and bake.
- Serve the wings with the reduced cranberry sauce.
Can you make them ahead of time?
Wings are best served as soon as they are made, but you can make the sauce and marinade the wings for up to 4 hours before you plan to serve them.
If you do have leftovers, you can keep them in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat them at 350f for 10 to 20 minutes until heated through.
Why bake wings rather than frying them?
When making wings at home, I always prefer to bake them rather than fry. It takes longer, but it’s so much easier and pretty hands off. It’s obviously also healthier and they turn out just as good!
What do you serve them with?
Because of the cranberry sauce on the chicken wings, I would skip the ranch dip on this occasion. The beauty of these wings is that they are best served with the reduced cranberry sauce to really enhance the flavor, so no need to worry about making extra dips!
Cook Wings ALL the Ways!
Chicken Wings Guide
Our Wings Guide has tips and tricks for making the best wings every time, every way!
- Line your baking sheets with foil to make clean up a breeze.
- Leave space between the chicken pieces on the baking sheet so that they get crispy all over.
- Pat the wings fry before adding the to the marinade to help crisp them up.
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!