Made from scratch, this jalapeno bread is cooked in the Dutch oven for one delicious bite. Made with cheese, bacon and jalapenos, this savory bread is the real deal!
Dutch Oven Jalapeno Bread Recipe
There’s nothing quite like homemade bread, and when filled with bacon, jalapeno and cheese, you can’t go wrong!
Simple to make, this soft and fluffy bread is delicious by itself, or great to serve with a bowl of hot soup or chili.
Cheesy and smokey, with just the right amount of spice, this recipe is a keeper!
Why you’ll love this Jalapeno Bread recipe:
- EASY: This is a super simple and foolproof bread recipe. If you haven’t made bread before, this is a great one to start with!
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: You don’t need any fancy ingredients for this recipe, and I’m guessing you’ll have a lot of stuff to hand already.
- DELICIOUS!: This is no ordinary bread recipe. It’s so full of flavor, it’s a real treat!
How to make Dutch Oven Jalapeno Bread
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Combine the flour with the cheese, jalapenos, bacon and seasonings.
- Whisk together the warm water and yeast and mix into the flour.
- Fold the dough and let rise.
- Repeat the folding and let rise again.
- Brush the dough with beaten egg.
- Place in a hot Dutch oven and bake.
Why make bread in a Dutch oven?
Cooking bread in a Dutch oven helps to trap the steam. This keeps the crust soft and creates a light and fluffy loaf that is full of texture.
How long does it keep?
This homemade bread will keep well for around 4 days. Store it in an airtight container at room temperature for the best results. You can increase the shelf life by 2 or 3 days by storing it in the fridge.
Can you freeze it?
Yes! Once your bread has fully cooled, wrap it it plastic wrap or foil. It will keep well for up to 6 months. Defrost the bread at room temperature to serve.
When defrosting, it’s best to place the bread on a cooking rack so air can circulate all around.
- Don’t skip the rises. You need to allow time for your dough to rise so that it’s light and fluffy.
- Preheat your Dutch oven so that it’s hot when you place in the dough. This will help to create steam quickly and your bread will bake evenly.
This Dutch oven jalapeno bread is all kinds of amazing! It’s so soft and fluffy and the flavors are amazing. Be sure to enjoy it with lots of butter and a piping hot bowl of your favorite soup.
More Bread Recipes we Love
- Brown Butter Banana Bread
- Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Oatmeal Pumpkin Bread
- Sweet Potato Rolls
- Homemade Sandwich Bread
- No Knead Dutch Oven Bread
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!