Apple Crisp is the best fall dessert! It’s sweet, it’s warm, it’s cozy, and it’s absolutely delicious. This easy apple crisp recipe is so simple and has the best homemade apple crisp topping. It’s crumbly and sweet and adds the perfect texture when layered on top of the apple filling. Serve it with ice cream and everyone will devour it!
Apple Crisp Recipe
This easy apple crisp recipe should be the dessert of the season. The sweet apple filling with the crumbly apple crisp topping is just too good!
I just want to start out this easy apple crisp recipe by saying YUM! I absolutely love fall because it brings the coziest recipes with it. Baking apples into anything and everything is a must during this season, so I’m really excited about this homemade apple crisp!
I’ve made just about everything apple you can think of (Apple Dumplings, Fried Apples, Caramel Apple Dip), but this baked dessert was obviously missing. I love the sweet flavor of the apples and the crunchy texture of the crumbly apple crisp topping. Together, it becomes the perfect fall dessert! Add a scoop of ice cream and you’re really in business.
I’m going to show you how to make apple crisp with this super easy recipe. Make it for a simple dessert at home or serve it over the holidays. Either way, the flavor can’t be beat!
Learn how to make apple crisp with this delicious and EASY apple crisp recipe. It’s the perfect fall dessert to serve all season long!
Easy Apple Crisp Recipe
This easy apple crisp recipe is going to be my go-to dessert this fall. I LOVE apple anything, especially this time of year. It’s so fun to go apple picking on a weekend afternoon and then come home to start baking. Homemade apple crisp is one of my favorites because it’s so simple. Just a delicious apple filling topped with a crumbly apple crisp topping, all baked to perfection. It’s one of the most comforting and cozy fall recipes I can think of!
How to Make Apple Crisp
Never underestimate a simple dessert! Learning how to make apple crisp is a breeze with this easy apple crisp recipe. Start with fresh apples (any type you like, I prefer Granny Smith apples for this recipe), and then get to baking!
How to Make Apple Crisp:
- Apple Prep – wash & dry apples, and you can either peel them or leave them unpeeled. Then cut them into 1/4 inch slices and put them in a bowl.
- Apple Filling – Cover the apple slices with lemon juice, then mix them with orange zest, brown sugar, salt, & apple pie spice. Pour apple filling into a baking dish.
- Apple Crisp Topping – Mix all crumble topping ingredients together, and mash with your hand into pea-sized pieces. Sprinkle a thin layer of it over the apples.
- Bake – Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour at 375°F.
This is such an easy apple crisp recipe, which just might be why I like it so much (besides the fact that it tastes AMAZING). See the recipe card for full instructions.
Recommended Products to make Homemade Apple Crisp
Apple Crisp Topping
This easy apple crisp recipe would not be complete without the delicious, crumbly apple crisp topping! It’s that perfect texture and flavor on top that really pushes this dessert to the next level. It’s just a mixture of brown sugar, butter, flour, oats, and apple pie spice (you can add pecans or another nut if you like!). Use your hands to squeeze and mash it all together into a crumbly consistency and layer it on top of the apple filling. A little crunch makes every dessert better if you ask me!
This easy apple crisp recipe couldn’t be better! It’s simple, it’s flavorful, it’s cozy, and it’s the perfect fall dessert recipe. If you’re looking for something to do with those fresh-picked apples, this is the recipe for you! Everyone will love it, especially when a scoop of cold ice cream mixes with the warm apple filling. Yum!
Watch the video or see the recipe card below for details on how to make this easy Apple Crisp recipe. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, try these other apple recipes too:
- Apple Pie Cupcakes
- Easy Apple Dumplings
- Caramel Apple Hot Toddy
- Instant Pot Apple Oatmeal
- Sparkling Apple Pie on the Rocks
- Apple Pie Baked Brie
- 8 Granny Smith apples sliced (8 cups, sliced)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 orange
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1¼ teaspoon apple pie spice
- ½ cup butter room temperature
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon apple pie spice
- ¼ cup quick oats
- ¼ cup slivered almonds or chopped pecans optional
- Wash and dry the apples. The apples can be peeled or unpeeled; it’s a personal preference. Slice the apples into 1/4-inch slices and place in a large bowl.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the apple slices and toss so the apples slices are covered with lemon juice. This will prevent the apple slices from browning.
- Add the orange zest, brown sugar, kosher salt and pie spice. Mix well.
- Pour the apples into the prepared baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, flour, salt, pie spice and oats. Mix and squeeze the mixture with your fingers until it clumps in
- pea-size pieces. It should be a little drier than cookie dough. If it is too moist, add a little flour until it is pea and smaller size pieces.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the apples to cover the apples, in a thin layer, but leave some of the fruit peeking through.
- Place the Apple Crisp on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake at 375°F 45-60 minutes until the apples are bubbling and the crumble is golden brown.
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream and drizzle with caramel, if desired.