When you need a delicious dinner in a hurry, I’ve got you covered with these tasty garlic butter steak bites! This recipe for steak & potatoes only has a handful of ingredients and is ready in under 20 minutes.
Garlic Butter Steak and Potatoes Recipe
I just know that you are going to love this recipe! This has become a firm favorite in my house and is a great go to family meal after a busy day. Don’t be fooled they, it’s certainly not lacking in flavor!
These garlic steak bites are so simple, but so delicious! Seasoned with garlic butter and herbs and the steak is perfectly tender.
Why you’ll love this Garlic Butter Steak Bites and Potatoes Recipe:
- Quick: Ready to serve in 20 minutes, this is a great go to recipe after a busy day.
- One pan: The potatoes and steak are cooked together in one skillet on the stovetop making clean up a breeze.
- Simple ingredients: There’s nothing fancy you need for this recipe and you’ll have a lot of them already in your pantry.
How to make Steak Bites with Skillet Potatoes
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Heat the oil and butter in the skillet.
- Add the potatoes with the seasonings.
- Cook until fork tender. Remove and et to one side.
- Cook the steak bites on both sides.
- Add the potatoes and combine to serve.
What’s the best steak to use for garlic butter steak bites?
Because the steak is meant to cook quickly, it’s best to choose a tender cut. I like to use sirloin, but you can also use beef tenderloin (filet mignon), New York strip steak or stir fry meat. It’s best to avoid tougher cuts like skirt and flank steak.
What are the best potatoes to use?
I like to use Yukon Gold for this recipe. They hold their shape well, but are moderately starchy so that they still get soft and fluffy in the middle. It’s best to avoid Russet potatoes as these are too starchy and can fall apart.
Waxy potatoes like reds or fingerlings, will work well in this recipe.
The potatoes in this recipe already serve as a great side, but these garlic steak bites are also great to serve with your favorite veggies sides like green beans or asparagus. A simple accompaniment of steamed broccoli would be a perfect pairing. Here are some more side dish ideas:
- Hawaiian Rolls
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- Roasted Vegetables
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Roasted Tomatoes
- 3 Bean Salad
More Steak Recipes to Try
These Garlic Butter Steak Bites are just the beginning! Try these other favorites after you’re done devouring these steak and potatoes.
- Restaurant Style Steak
- Flank Steak with Cilantro Lime Butter
- Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas
- Carne Asada Steak
- New York Strip Steak
- Best Steak Fajitas
- Rosemary Garlic Steak
- Steak and Lobster Dinner
- Other choice of meat can be used as well such beef tenderloin (filet mignon), New York strip steak or stir fry meat.
- Substitute red-skinned and fingerling potatoes for Yukon gold. (Russet potatoes may not hold they shape well)
- If potatoes are not tender (after 8 minutes) but are starting to get too brown, turn down the heat to medium-low, add 2 tablespoons of warm water, cover and cook for about 3-4 minutes until water evaporates.
- Try adding some caramelized onions!
More Easy One Pan Meals
- Maple Glazed Salmon and Potatoes
- Italian Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
- Breaded Pork Chops Sheet Pan
- Crusted Chicken with Potatoes
- Instant Pot Spaghetti
- Meatball Parmesan
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!