This post is sponsored by El Mayor Tequila. All opinions are my own.
Enjoy the holiday season with this delicious gingerbread martini! This tequila based cocktail is made with homemade ginger sugar syrup for a warming cocktail that’s sure to get the party started!
Christmas Gingerbread Martini Recipe
If you are looking for a show stopping cocktail to serve up this holiday season, you are going to love these gingerbread martinis!
Super easy to make and they are so festive! No too sweet with just the right amount of kick!
Why you’ll love this Gingerbread Martini Recipe:
- Easy: You just need a handful of ingredients to make these drink, and once you have made a batch of the ginger sugar syrup the drinks are quick to make.
- Delicious! Made with ginger and vanilla, these cocktails have a warming flavor that’s so perfect for the holidays!
- Made with Quality Tequila: El Mayor make the BEST tequila. Treat yourself this Christmas!
The best tequila
To me, it’s not worth making a great Christmas cocktail unless you’re going to use the best possible ingredients.
If you’re mixing with tequila, good tequila is the key. We love El Mayor Tequila in our house and I never deviate!
The MOST important ingredient in these Gingerbread Martinis is the El Mayor Tequila. I always use El Mayor because it’s simply the best. It’s so smooth, delicious, and perfect for mixing.
El Mayor Reposado Tequila is rested in white oak barrels for a minimum of 9 months. This gives the tequila an elegantly structured, balanced taste with a remarkably smooth finish.
It’s great in this recipe for its undertones of vanilla, spice, and caramel. Doesn’t that just scream Christmas?
How do you garnish them?
You can of course serve these gingerbread martinis as they are, but you can make them super fun and festive with a few simple garnishes!
I like to rim each glass with gingerbread cookies and top the drinks with whipped cream for a really indulgent treat. Finish with a cinnamon stick for a delicious aroma.
Can you make Gingerbread Martinis ahead of time?
Each drink is best shaken and poured just before serving, but you can get ahead of things by making your ginger sugar syrup before hand.
The simple syrup will keep well for up to 6 months stored in an airtight container.
Don’t use ice
I don’t like this gingerbread martini to be ice cold, and if you pour it over ice, it will melt and dilute the drink. Since we are adding whipped cream to the cocktail shaker, ice could also cause the cream to separate when shaking.
Keep things smooth and leave out the ice.
- If you don’t have a cocktail shaker, you can use a mason jar with a lid to shake the ingredients together. Shaking is an important step so that the flavors are well blended.
- I find that ground ginger gives the simple syrup the best flavor, but you can used chopped fresh ginger if that’s what you have.
- Leave out the ice to make sure you don’t dilute flavors or cause the cream to separate.
More Christmas Cocktails
After you make these festive Gingerbread Martinis, be sure to make our other favorite holiday cocktails as well!
Don’t forget to head to the store to pick up some El Mayor Tequila before making this fun Christmas cocktail. Cheers!
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating.