Orange Cranberry Sangria is fresh, fun, and festive. This Christmas Sangria recipe is just perfect for the holiday season!
Orange Cranberry Sangria
You all know how much I love sangria. Any flavor, served warm or chilled, it doesn’t matter, I’m always happy with a nice glass of sangria. It’s the perfect cocktail for all occasions, including Christmas!
I’ve made a Holiday Sangria recipe before (with cranberry juice, vodka, and apple cider), but one just isn’t enough. And after making an Orange Cranberry Pork Loin just before Thanksgiving, I realized it was such a festive flavor combination! So mix all those ideas together and I came up with this beautiful Orange Cranberry Sangria for the holiday season.
This is the best Christmas Sangria recipe and it tastes absolutely delicious. It’s a chilled sangria which makes it extra refreshing and perfect for parties. Serve it at your holiday parties, on Christmas Eve, or on Christmas Day.
Orange Cranberry Sangria is a tasty cocktail that’s perfect for the holidays. Make this your go-to Christmas sangria recipe and enjoy!
Festive Christmas Sangria Recipe
With Christmas just around the corner, I knew it was time for another holiday cocktail! My favorite holiday punch is a mix of cranberry and orange juice, and that combination translates perfectly to this Christmas sangria recipe. It’s flavorful, it’s festive, and it’s so much fun!
Orange Cranberry Sangria Ingredients
- Red Wine (Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, or your favorite red)
- Cranberry Juice
- Orange Cranberry Simple Syrup (I’ll show you how to make it)
- Lemon Juice
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Orange Slices
- Cranberries (fresh or frozen)
How to Make Orange Cranberry Sangria
This orange cranberry sangria is so simple to make. We start by making an orange cranberry simple syrup, then just mix that in with the other ingredients and let the sangria chill. Pour it over ice and it’s ready to serve!
To make the simple syrup:
- Combine water, sugar, cranberries, orange zest, and cinnamon sticks in a saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and let it simmer until the cranberries soften (about 5-7 minutes).
- Pour the syrup mixture through a fine mesh strainer to separate the liquid from the solid ingredients.
- Set the syrup aside to cool.
To make the orange cranberry sangria:
- Mix the simple syrup, red wine, cranberry juice, Cointreau, lemon juice, cinnamon sticks, orange slices, and cranberries in a pitcher. Stir well.
- Refrigerate the Christmas sangria until ready to serve.
Super easy to make and so delicious! This sangria will keep in the refrigerator up to 3 days, so you can easily store your leftovers or make it a bit ahead of time.
Favorite Sangria Recipes
There is never a bad time for sangria, so of course I have a recipe for every occasion. Any holiday, any party, any season, any reason, I’ve got the perfect sangria recipe for you. After you try out this Orange Cranberry Sangria, start testing out some of my other favorites!
- Sweet Tea Sangria (love this for hot summer days)
- Grapefruit Vodka Sangria
- Pink Champagne Sangria (perfect for New Year’s Eve)
- Game Day Sangria
- Apple Pie Sangria (hello Fall!)
- Honey Bourbon Fall Sangria
Try this delicious Orange Cranberry Sangria this holiday season and let me know what you think of it!
See the recipe card below for details on how to make Orange Cranberry Sangria. Enjoy!
If you like this Christmas sangria recipe, try these other holiday drinks and cocktails:
- Caramel Apple Hot Toddy Cocktail
- Spiced Pear Cider with Ginger
- Easy Christmas Punch Recipe
- Hot Cranberry Apple Spiced Cider
- Mulled Wine Margaritas
- Sparkling Holiday Flirtini
- White Christmas Tequila Sours