These Christmas cocktails are sure to get the party started! Celebrate the holiday and winter season with these fun and festive alcoholic drink recipes. Serve them up at parties, with Christmas dinner, or mix one up for yourself to start off the season in style.
Christmas Cocktail Recipes
When the holiday season rolls around, there are so many parties, gatherings, and social occasions to host and attend. Appetizers and snacks are a must for any holiday party, but don’t forget the drinks!
These Christmas cocktails are my favorite alcoholic drinks to serve this time of year. They’re easy, fun, and so festive. Whether you prefer something more classic, drinks you can make for a crowd, something warm and spiced, or a Christmas-themed cocktail recipe that will impress, there’s a recipe here for you to try!
Browse our favorite holiday cocktails for Christmas and beyond! These recipes will take you right into the New Year.
Classic Cocktails for Christmas
Turn your favorite classics into Christmas cocktails with just a few small twists. These drinks are a must this time of year, because they’re sure to make things a little more festive.
- White Christmas Tequila Sours: This tequila sour recipe was literally made for Christmas. It’s one of our favorite drinks to serve this time of year!
- Homemade Irish Cream: Irish Cream is a must during the Christmas season, whether you enjoy it as an after dinner drink, or mix it with other cocktails. Make your own at home to use all season!
- Coconut Mojitos: Coconut, lime, and rum add a tropical feeling to the holidays. These are perfect for wintery days, and cranberries make a great garnish to finish them off.
- Homemade Eggnog: Eggnog is another Christmas classic–you can’t go a whole season without it! This homemade version is so creamy and flavorful, it’s hard to resist.
- White Russian: This creamy classic is perfect for the season, and so easy to make. The combination of Kahlua, vodka, and cream just can’t be beat.
- Spiced Rum Drink: Spiced Rum is the perfect drink for cold months. Just add some warming spices (cloves, cinnamon, and more) to your favorite bottle of rum!
- Pomegranate Moscow Mule: This classic ginger cocktail gets a twist with the addition of pomegranate. It tastes and feels so winter-y, it’s sure to get you in the holiday spirit.
Festive Holiday Cocktails
Celebrate the season with these alcoholic holiday drink recipes! Margaritas, martinis, sangria, and more have a seasonal twist to make them even more delicious.
- Cranberry Margarita: The cranberry and ginger flavors turn this margarita into a delicious cocktail ready for Christmas parties. This pitcher recipe makes plenty for crowds, so feel free to share.
- Gingerbread Martini: What could be more Christmas-y than gingerbread? A ginger syrup turns this tequila cocktail into a fun holiday drink–and it looks as good as it tastes!
- Orange Cranberry Sangria: Sangria is such a fun drink to make for holiday parties or smaller gatherings, and the orange cranberry flavor is perfectly fruity and festive.
- Sparkling Holiday Flirtini: This cocktail is a mix of cranberry and pineapple juice with orange vodka, and topped off with red Moscato champagne. It’s a great drink for celebrating with friends!
- Sugared Cranberry Mimosas: These tasty cranberry ginger ale cocktails are bubbly, tangy and topped with sugared cranberries. Perfect for Christmas parties, and New Year’s Eve too.
- Pink Champagne Sangria: Pink moscato champagne, grapefruit and pomegranate juices, and a bit of mint combine to create a pretty, fruity, and fun drink to serve up for celebrations.
- Mulled Wine Margaritas: Take traditional spiced wine up a notch by mixing in tequila and orange liqueur. It makes something fun to drink with friends at any holiday gathering!
Warm Winter Drinks
The days start getting chilly as Christmas nears, but these cocktail recipes are sure to keep you warm!
- Mulled Wine: This mulled wine is so simple and easy to make. A nice red wine with lots of spices makes for a great holiday drink!
- Spiked Chai: The warm spices of chai are already so good, but add bourbon and you’ve got a cozy cocktail that’s sure to please.
- Chocolate Hot Buttered Rum: This hot drink is rich, chocolatey, and a little sweet. Just combine this homemade mix with rum and it’s ready!
- Salted Caramel Eggnog: If you want a step up from the classic version, the salted caramel flavor makes this creamy drink undeniably delicious!
- Spiced Pear Cider with Ginger: The blend of pear juice, apple cider, ginger liqueur, and spices makes the most comforting and delicious warm drink to serve on cold evenings.
Christmas Party Drinks
Every Christmas and holiday party needs an alcoholic drink or two. You want something delicious, easy to whip up, and makes enough for a crowd.
- Holiday Punch: This bright and bubbly vodka-based punch features the flavors of orange, apple, cranberry, and ginger. Plus it makes enough for any party, as it’s easy to increase the amount.
- Cranberry Limeade Champagne Punch: This punch is fizzy, tart, colorful, and so delicious! Make up a pitcher for parties–it’s sure to be a hit!
- Blackberry Champagne Cocktail: This sparkling champagne cocktail is beautiful and sophisticated enough for any Christmas or holiday gathering you might be planning.
- Moscow Mule Mimosas: Take two classic drinks, put them together, and you have a simple party cocktail! This is perfect for Christmas brunch or any gathering you might find yourself hosting in the earlier hours of the day.
- Holiday Sangria: This is so easy to throw together, and it makes enough for about 8 people, plus it’s easy to double! A festive pitcher of sangria is so refreshing for parties.
- Hot Cranberry Apple Spiced Cider: Make a hot apple cider that’s a little more Christmas-y by adding cranberry. This cider is perfect for large gatherings, and it can be made without alcohol for the whole family.
Christmas Dessert Cocktails
Have your dessert and cocktail in one with these creamy, dreamy drinks. They’re rich and flavorful, and sure to make the occasion feel special.
- Frozen French Silk Pie Cocktail: A slice of french silk pie is a must after a holiday meal, and this cocktail gives you the same rich flavor to celebrate.
- Peppermint Mudslide: Take a classic mudslide and make it a little more festive with the addition of peppermint! The combination of mint and chocolate flavors makes a delicious boozy milkshake.
- German Chocolate Cake Martini: If you’re a chocolate lover, this cocktail is just perfect to serve after Christmas dinner, or on Christmas Eve. Rich, creamy, and so tasty!
- Toasted S’mores Martini: This dessert drink has layers of cream, marshmallow vodka, and chocolate liqueur, finished with a graham cracker rim.
- Gooey Butter Cake Martini: If you’re a fan of gooey butter cake, you’re going to love this drink! Made with white chocolate, hazelnut, vanilla, and butterscotch schnapps for a decadent and creamy cocktail.
No matter which of these Christmas cocktails you try, they’re sure to be a hit. So mix together a classic, make a warm drink, or whip up the perfect alcoholic party drink for guests. These recipes won’t disappoint!
Easy Christmas Recipes
You’ve go the cocktails sorted, now find more Christmas recipes for the rest of the holiday season. Whether you need something to serve for Christmas Eve dinner, party appetizers, or cookies, there are plenty of recipes to choose from.