Wake up and cool down with this delicious homemade iced espresso. Made with a brown sugar simple syrup, skip the coffee shop and quickly make up this simple iced coffee.
Iced Brown Sugar Shaken Espresso
If you are anything like me, and a bit of a caffeine addict, you are going to LOVE this homemade iced espresso.
This iced coffee is the perfect way to cool down and perk up during the summer, and it’s crazy simple to make.
Skip the line at your local coffee shop and whip up a batch of this in minutes.
Why you’ll love this Brown Sugar Iced Espresso recipe:
- MAKE AHEAD: You can make up a batch of the brown sugar simple syrup and store it in the fridge, so you can make your iced espresso in minutes.
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: You only need a few simple ingredients to make this delicious cold drink.
- BUDGET FRIENDLY: If you are like me, those little trips to the coffee shop soon add up! Make your own iced coffee drink at home, your wallet will thank you!
How to make Iced Shaken Espressos with Brown Sugar Syrup
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Combine the ingredients for the brown sugar simple syrup in a pan and heat til the sugar has dissolved. Set to one side.
- Shake together the ice, espresso shot and brown sugar syrup.
- Pour over ice and top with milk.
How long does the simple syrup keep?
First of all, the brown sugar simple syrup does wonders to this drink! Once you have made it up, place it into a sealable glass jar and let it cool before sealing it. It will keep well for up to a week in the fridge.
What’s the best milk to use?
Any milk works well in this recipe. I use a 2%, or for a more creamy flavor, you can use half and half. All kinds of plant based milks work well too, almond, oat milk, coconut and soy are all great choices.
Can you use white instead of brown sugar
I highly recommend that you stick to brown sugar when you make this iced espresso. It adds a really delicious rich sweet flavor, thanks to the molasses, that you just don’t get with white sugar.
In a pinch you can use white to sweeten it, but you won’t get that well rounded flavor.
- Use a cocktail shaker to shake everything together. If you don’t have one, you can use a large mason jar with a lid.
- Turn this into a more adult drink by shaking in a shot of Baileys!
- Get indulgent and add some whipped cream on top. YUM!
This iced espresso is my go to summer coffee. Perfect to enjoy in the morning, or as an afternoon pick me up.
More Homemade Coffee Recipes we Love
- French Vanilla Iced Coffee
- Iced Honey Almond Milk Flat White
- Bulletproof Coffee
- Iced Caramel Latte
- Vanilla Keto Coffee
- Simple Iced Coffee
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!