Start your day right with this quick and easy coffee smoothie recipe. Made with bananas and oats, this creamy smoothie is perfect for a quick breakfast or mid afternoon pick me up.
Coffee Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
If you are anything like me, and need a cup (or two!) of coffee before you start the day, you are going to love this recipe!
Get your caffeine boost with some extra goodness to get your day off to a flying start.
Why you’ll love this Coffee Smoothies recipe:
- QUICK AND EASY: Just add the ingredients to a blender and you are good to go!
- HEALTHY: Made with natural ingredients, this smoothie is under 300 calories with a good amount of protein and fiber to keep you going.
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: There’s nothing fancy about this drink, and I’m guessing you will have most of the ingredients to hand already.
How to make Coffee Smoothies with Bananas
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Combine all the ingredients (except the ice) in a blender.
- Add in the ice cubes and pulse.
- Serve and enjoy!
Can you make it ahead of time?
Smoothies are always best enjoyed as soon as you’ve made them. Once you blend everything, the drink starts to oxidize so nutrients slowly start to decrease and the flavor will change.
If you can’t drink it straight away, keep it covered in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Give it a stir before drinking as the ingredients may have settled.
If you plan on making it ahead of time, it’s best not to add the ice to the blender as this will dilute the drink.
Can you make it vegan?
I make this smoothie with heavy cream for a super rich flavor and texture, but you can make this coffee smoothie with any milk you have.
You can use dairy 2% or any plant based milk like oat, almond or coconut.
How do you make it sweeter?
I like this smoothie not overly sweet, but you can easily adjust it for your tastes. For a sweeter smoothie, add honey, maple syrup, or another liquid sweetener.
- For more coffee flavor pour cooled, brewed coffee into ice cube trays and freeze overnight. Use these coffee ice cubes in place of regular ice cubes in the recipe.
- Slice and freeze the banana overnight for an extra-cold smoothie.
This easy coffee smoothie is so perfect for those busy mornings. So quick and easy to make and it will wake you up and give you the energy you need to face the day!
More Smoothie Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!