Skip the queue at the coffee shop and make your own iced caramel macchiato at home! Easy to make and ready to serve in minutes, this is the perfect hot weather pick me up.
Iced Caramel Macchiatos
This iced caramel macchiato is simple to make and you don’t need to leave the comfort of your house to enjoy one!
Why you’ll love this Easy Iced Caramel Macchiato recipe:
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: You only need four ingredients and some ice to make this cooling coffee drink.
- QUICK AND EASY: Ready to serve in minutes, there’s nothing complicated about this recipe.
- HASSLE FREE: Get that coffee shop experience right at home with this recipe. Say good bye to queues and save a bit of money in the process too!
How to make Iced Caramel Macchiatos at Home
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Mix together the espresso and vanilla syrup.
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Top with milk.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce.
What’s the best coffee to use?
I prefer to make this iced macchiato with espresso for a real kick of flavor and caffeine, but strongly brewed coffee will work well too. In a real pinch, you can use instant coffee, but I find the flavor to not be quite as good.
Can you use different flavored syrups?
I made this coffee with vanilla syrup, but other coffee syrups will work well. Hazelnut and chocolate both work great with this drink, so feel free to experiment!
Do you need to let the coffee cool before mixing it?
Because the coffee is mixed with cold ingredients (ice and milk) it doesn’t have to be super cold to use, but it shouldn’t be piping hot either. Once I’ve mad the coffee, I like to just pop it in the fridge for 5 to 10 minutes to cool it down before using.
- I use Starbucks vanilla coffee syrup, but don’t worry if you don’t have any! To make a vanilla simple syrup, combine ½ cup of granulated sugar, ½ cup of water, and 1 vanilla bean (split in half lengthwise) in a small saucepan set over medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook until the sugar has dissolved. Then, set it aside to cool for 30 minutes. Remove the vanilla bean and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
- Don’t skimp on the ice, fill the glass al the way to the top with it for a deliciously cold sip.
This iced caramel macchiato is one delicious sip! Do yourself a favor and skip the coffee shop and make this at home in minutes instead.
More Coffee Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!