Super fun to make and eat, these M&M Brownie Cookies are as delicious as they are colorful! Made with a boxed brownie mix, these chewy chocolate cookies come together quickly with just 4 ingredients.
Brownie Mix Cookies with M&M’s
Have you ever made brownie mix cookies before? If not, you’re in for a real treat! Brownie mix is one of my favorite ingredients for cookies when I’m in a time crunch. It acts as the base of this chocolate cookie dough – one of my favorite kitchen shortcuts. Add mini M&M’s for a bright and colorful treat!
This is a great dessert recipe for your kids to help with, and they’ll definitely enjoy eating them.
Why You’ll Love this Brownie Cookies Recipe:
- SIMPLE: You only need four ingredients to make these M&M cookies.
- QUICK: These seriously easy cookies come together in minutes with a relatively short chill time.
- HOLIDAY: Easily adapt these cookies for any holiday using festive M&M’s! Pink for Valentine’s Day, orange for Halloween, and red and green for Christmas.
It doesn’t get much easier than these M&M brownie cookies!
How to Make M&M’s Brownie Cookies
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Make the cookie dough.
- Chill the cookie dough.
- Scoop the dough onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies and let them cool.
I like to use mini M&M’s because they’re a little smaller and you’ll have more M&M’s in each cookie. Instead of mini M&M’s, use 1 cup of your favorite kind.
For best results, I recommend using Ghirardelli Chocolate Supreme brownie mix. If you can’t find Ghirardelli, I recommend using a Pillsbury brownie mix. I don’t recommend using Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker mixes – the cookies spread way too much. If this is the only mix available, try adding ¼ cup of all-purpose flour to the mix.
Yes, this gives the brownie cookies a more intense chocolate flavor.
This step helps the butter solidify and prevents the dough from spreading too much while the cookies bake. If the dough spreads, the cookies will be really thin instead of thick and chewy.
Kids and adults of all ages will love these rich, decadent, colorful cookies!
Trademark Note: In the spirit of transparency, I want to note that M&M’s are a trademarked product. M&M’s is proprietary brand that I want to acknowledge and give credit to.
- Take the eggs out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes before making the cookie dough. Room temperature eggs incorporate more easily into the cookie dough.
- Before serving or storing, let the cookies cool completely.
- Keep this cookie dough on hand for whenever a chocolate craving strikes! Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
If chocolate is your weakness, you will adore these cookies!
Can I use chocolate chips instead of M&M’s?
M&M’s add such a fun pop of color! You can certainly use any chocolate chips if you prefer, or experiment with other candy, too.
Can I make these cookies without butter?
Yes, replace the melted butter with the same amount of vegetable oil.
How do I know when the cookies are done?
These cookies are done when the edges are just set, about 11 minutes at 350°F.
More Kid Friendly Recipes We Love
These M&M brownie cookies are too easy not to make! Be warned though, they are seriously good, and it’s pretty hard to stop at one!
More Easy Dessert Recipes to Try:
- Banana Split
- S’mores Pizza
- Salted Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
- Gooey Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake
- Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!