Salted Caramel Brownie Cookies are warm and gooey on the inside and wonderfully crunchy and chewy on the outside! Made with just five ingredients, these easy to make sweet and salty cookies are perfect for any occasion.
Brownie Mix Cookies
Cookies made with brownie mix are *almost* too good to be true. I’ve been making these cookies for years and am so happy to let you in on this delicious secret! Each cookie is baked to perfection with so much to love about each bite.
These super simple yet incredibly decadent fudgy brownie cookies start with dry brownie mix and are quickly elevated with an ooey gooey caramel filling and a sprinkle of coarse sea salt. After all, there’s no flavor combination quite like salted caramel!
No one will ever know they were whipped up from a box of Ghirardelli brownie mix!
Why You’ll Love this Brownie Cookie Recipe:
- SALTY AND SWEET: With a sweet caramel filling and a sprinkle of sea salt on top, these are the ultimate sweet and salty treat.
- EASY: When it comes to cookie recipes, it doesn’t get much easier than using a box mix! These cookies come together quickly with hassle-free and simple instructions.
- BUDGET FRIENDLY: You only need five ingredients to make a batch of these cookies and none of them break the bank. This is a great recipe when you’re baking on a budget!
Salty, sweet, chewy, and gooey – these cookies have it all.
How to Make Salted Caramel Brownie Cookies
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Make and chill the cookie dough.
- Cut the caramel squares in half.
- Form and stuff the cookie dough balls.
- Bake the cookies until the edges are set.
- Sprinkle warm cookies with sea salt.
All the Holiday Cookies
25+ Favorite Christmas Cookies
Baking and Christmas go hand in hand. See our guide for our fave recipes + tips and tricks for perfect cookies.
I’ve tested this recipe with many brands of brownie mix, and have had the best results with Ghirardelli Chocolate Supreme Brownie mix. Use the chocolate syrup that comes with the boxed brownie mix. If you can’t find Ghirardelli brownie mix, use a Pillsbury brownie mix. Try not to use Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker brownie mixes – the cookies spread way too much when I tested this recipe with those brands.
When it comes to caramels, any brand works great! Just make sure they’re soft and cut them in half before using.
For perfect cookies every time, I used this Wilton cookie scoop.
No. Chilling the cookie dough is a must – this step helps prevent the cookies from spreading while they bake.
These cookies are fancy enough for Christmas cookie exchanges or Valentine’s Day sweet treats, but simple enough for weeknight baking. Any time is a good time for salted caramel brownie cookies!
- When it comes to topping these cookies, coarse sea salt is a must! This salt’s thick consistency makes these cookies irresistible. Avoid iodized table salt.
- For evenly baked and uniform cookies, I recommend using a cookie scoop or food scale to ensure all cookies are the same size.
- For ooey gooey cookies, serve these when they’re still a little bit warm!
I can’t think about these cookies too long without drifting away into a full-blown daydream!
Can I make these cookies without butter?
Yes! Use ¼ cup of vegetable oil instead of butter if needed.
How do I know when the cookies are done?
When the edges appear to be set, the cookies are fully baked.
More Chocolate Dessert Recipes We Love
Salted caramel brownie cookies are easy to make and even easier to eat. In fact, I bet you can’t eat just one… but I dare you to try!
More Easy Cookie Recipes to Try:
- Chocolate Butter Cookies
- Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Nutella Stuffed Cookies
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brownie Cookies (2 Ways!)
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.