This Chicken Couscous recipe with Bacon and Corn will be your new favorite one pot chicken dinner! I love that this one pot chicken and couscous recipe is a main course and side dish all in one, baked together in flavorful goodness. This delicious chicken couscous dish takes little effort to make and there’s virtually zero cleanup!
Chicken Couscous Recipe with Bacon and Corn
This Chicken Couscous Recipe with Bacon and Corn is an EASY one pot chicken dinner for any night of the week!
If I’m late posting this new recipe today (I’m trying to post a new recipe every day but dang its sometimes hard to write about food that much! LOL), it’s because I’ve been too busy stuffing my face with this ammmmazing ONE POT CHICKEN COUSCOUS RECIPE WITH BACON AND CORN. That’s a long title…but I didn’t know how else to get across all the perfect flavors in this delicious on pan meal! I love love dinners that all cook together, like my Ranch BBQ Chicken or Chicken Con Queso Skillet…and this Chicken and Couscous with Bacon and Corn is my new favorite.
There’s something magical about a meal that all cooks together; side dish and main course in one. Less cleanup, less fuss, more time with family, more flavor! Win win win!
This One Pot Chicken and Couscous Recipe will be your go-to when you need a tasty and impressive meal!
What Can You Do With Couscous? Make this delicious Chicken Couscous Recipe!
I haven’t had couscous very many times but every time I do, I know I need to make it more. It’s such a sturdy and healthy side dish and is so comforting at the same time. It’s like rice or polenta and goes with almost anything. Couscous is better for you than rice, since it’s a lower calorie option that can replace rice in so many recipes.
This one pot chicken couscous recipe is the perfect example of what you can do with couscous for a simple and tasty dinner. The flavors are SO DELICIOUS. This chicken couscous with bacon and corn is the ultimate meal to make for guests or just for a quiet night at home. Heck, make it tonight! Your family is sure to thank you. We make this and Henry chows down on the couscous, bacon, and corn, and we devour all the chicken. It’s perfect!
How Do I Make Couscous More Tasty
Couscous can take on any flavor, which makes it the perfect grain to mix in with your meals. The bacon and corn in this one pot chicken couscous recipe adds a hardy, savory taste. By adding all these flavors into one pot, you end up with a tasty couscous dish for any occasion!
How to Make Plain Couscous
If you’ve never made couscous, you’ll be surprised by how QUICK and EASY it is. If you want to make plain couscous, all you have to do is follow these simple steps:
- Boil water. Use 1 1/2 cups of water for every 1 cup of dry couscous
- Add any seasonings you want! Try butter or olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- When the water boils, remove it from heat. Add your couscous, cover with a lid, and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Once the couscous has soaked up all the water, fluff it with a fork and serve.
This chicken couscous recipe is classy enough for the fanciest guests or homey enough to make for yourself and pack as leftovers. It’s simply delicious and deliciously simple!
If you like this chicken and couscous recipe, try these other easy one pot recipes:
- This Chicken Parmesan Pasta only takes one pan and 6 ingredients
- or try this tasty Garlic Chicken and Potatoes recipe
- This chicken breast is stuffed with spinach
- And you’ll love this 40 Clove Garlic Chicken and Potatoes
See the recipe card for details on how to make this one pot chicken couscous recipe with bacon and corn. Enjoy!
One Pot Couscous Chicken with Bacon and Corn
- ¾ cup original Moroccan-style Couscous
- 6 chicken thighs we used bone in with skin but you can use whatever kind you prefer
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices bacon cut crosswise into ½-inch pieces, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sweet yellow onion minced
- 6 cloves garlic peeled but left whole
- 2½ cups heavy cream or half and half milk can be substituted, but it can curdle
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cups frozen corn thawed (Green Giant Roasted Corn is great)
- 1 lemon (half will be used in the dish and half will be used as garnish)
- 2 radishes very thinly sliced
- Extra crisped bacon
- Chopped parsley
- Freshly squeezed Lemon juice
- Cook couscous according to package directions.
- Season the chicken thighs, on both sides, with salt & pepper
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon pieces just until lightly browned and just crispy. Transfer bacon, with a slotted spoon, to a paper towel-lined plate. Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon grease, and refrigerate the remainder for later use.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to the skillet with the rendered bacon fat.
- Heat the bacon fat/oil, over medium heat until the oil has a sheen.
- Place the thighs, top side down, in the skillet. Brown the chicken until golden, and transfer to another paper towel-lined plate.
- Add minced onion and garlic to the skillet and sauté until onion is translucent and garlic softens.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the cooked couscous; cook until couscous begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir often.
- Add the cream, thyme sprigs, salt, pepper and all except 2 tablespoons crisped bacon; bring to a simmer. Stir.
- Add chicken thighs, crisp side up. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Stir in corn and thyme leaves. Drizzle with the juice from 1 lemon.
- Cover and cook until liquid has almost evaporated, 15-20 minutes.
- To serve:
- Place a scoop of the couscous mixture on a serving plate and top with one chicken thigh. Garnish with radish slices, reserved bacon, parsley and squeeze of fresh lemon juice.