This cheesy BBQ ranch chicken skillet is all cooked in one pan for the perfect easy recipe for families! A delicious weeknight meal that’s packed with cheese, corn, beans, chicken, cilantro, ranch and BBQ sauce. This is one tasty dish!
BBQ Ranch Chicken Skillet
Is there anything better than one pot meals? Super simple, shockingly delicious, and virtually zero cleanup. Makes cooking so worth it! All of the best parts, none of the worst parts. I love the way the flavors all blend together to create something beyond your typical dinner. Just perfection!
I have always loved the flavors in this One Pot BBQ Ranch Chicken Skillet. If I order chicken tenders, you better believe I’m dipping them in ranch AND bbq sauce. They just play off one another so well and help to make this one pan meal extra cozy. Match made in heaven!
Why You’ll Love this Recipe:
- FAMILY FRIENDLY: Hearty and filling, this is a delicious dinner that the whole family will love, even your picky eaters!
- EVERYDAY INGREDIENTS: Made with basic pantry staples, you’ll likely have most things to hand already to make this recipe.
- EASY: There’s nothing complicated about this recipe! It comes together easily and tastes amazing!
If you are looking to mix up your weeknight dinners, this is one delicious way to do it! Trust me, you’ll be making this recipe more than once!
How to make cheesy BBQ ranch chicken skillet
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Season the chicken, brown on both sides and brush with BBQ sauce. Set aside.
- Cook the beans and corn in the skillet and stir in the cilantro and ranch.
- Add the rice and broth to the skillet.
- Place the chicken on top.
- Cover and cook in the oven.
- Add cheese and tomatoes and return to the oven to melt.
Frequently Asked Questions
I prefer to make this with thighs, but you can certainly use breasts if you have them to hand. Reduce the cooking time by 5 to 10 minutes so that you don’t overcook them.
The beauty of this recipe is that it is a full meal all made in one skillet. It’s got protein, carbs and veggies so it’s really all you need!
This is best served right out of the oven so that the chicken is nice and juicy, but if you have leftovers they will keep well, covered in the fridge, for 3 to 4 days. You can reheat it in the oven at 360F for 15 minutes to warm through. You may want to add a little water or stock to the dish so that it doesn’t dry out.
Sure! Be sure to defrost it first though or it won’t cook through fully.
This BBQ ranch chicken has been on my menu several times over the last few weeks! Simple and easy to prep with hands off cooking, it really is a no brainer!
- For best results, make this recipe in an ovenproof 12 inch skillet with a lid.
- I prefer to use skin on boneless thighs. You can use skinless if you prefer. If you use thighs with the bone, you will need to increase the cooking time.
- Make sure that your chicken is fully cooked through. It should be an even white color with no pink and it should register at 165F with an instant read thermometer.
This BBQ ranch chicken is crazy delicious! So simple but so tasty, and I love that even the cleanup is a breeze!
If you love one pot meals as much as I do, then this One Pot Cheesy BBQ Ranch Chicken Skillet is the perfect dinner! MAKE IT TONIGHT!
More Chicken Dinner Recipes
- Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Roll Ups
- Chicken Fried Steak with Gravy
- Stovetop Chicken and Rice
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.