Get ready for the holidays with these delicious and easy pecan sandies! A mix between shortbread and a sugar cookie, this simple recipe is always a crowd pleaser!
- Pecan Sandies Cookie Recipe
- Why you’ll love this Old Fashioned Pecan Sandies recipe:
- How to make Pecan Sandies for Holidays and Beyond
- How long do they keep?
- Can you freeze them?
- Recipe Variations
- 25+ Favorite Christmas Cookies
- More Easy Cookie Recipes we Love
- Pecan Sandies Cookies Recipe
- Email This Recipe
- Recommended Equipment
- Becky’s tips
- Nutrition Information
Pecan Sandies Cookie Recipe
Holiday season means baking, and cookies are one of my favorite things to make for friends and family.
These pecan sandies are such a simple cookie recipe, that even the most novice of bakers will be able to master these. They are sweet and buttery with a crisp texture, and I promise that you won’t be able to stop at one!
Why you’ll love this Old Fashioned Pecan Sandies recipe:
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: You only need a few simple baking ingredients to make these sweet cookies.
- QUICK AND EASY: Just mix the ingredients together and bake, and they are ready to enjoy in 30 minutes.
- MAKE AHEAD: These pecan sandies have a great shelf life and are freezer friendly too. They are perfect to enjoy across Christmas, and make for great gifts too!
I also love these cookies for Easter, Springtime, and lots of other occasions.
Email This Recipe
Enter your email and we’ll send the recipe directly to you!
How to make Pecan Sandies for Holidays and Beyond
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Beat together the butter, sugar, vanilla and milk.
- Beat in the flour to form a dough.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Shape into balls and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake until a light golden brown.
- Let cool and toss in powdered sugar.
How long do they keep?
Like shortbread, sandies have a high fat content so this means they have a pretty long shelf life. Once baked, cooled and tossed in the sugar, transfer them to an airtight container. They will keep well at room temperature for around 2 weeks.
Can you freeze them?
Yes, these cookies freeze so well, so be sure to make a double batch! Flash freeze the cooled cookies on a baking sheet til solid, then transfer to a freezer container or bag. They will keep well frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw them at room temperature to enjoy.
These pecan sandies are so delicious as they are, but you can easily add different nuts if you prefer, walnuts and peanuts both work great. Traditionally sandies are tossed in powdered sugar, like this recipe, but feel free to skip that and add some vanilla frosting instead if you prefer!
All the Holiday Cookies
25+ Favorite Christmas Cookies
Baking and Christmas go hand in hand. See our guide for our fave recipes + tips and tricks for perfect cookies.
- Mix in the flour in two separate steps. This will help to create a smooth cookie dough.
- Make sure that your oven is fully pre heated so that the sandies cook evenly.
- Let the cookies cool completely before tossing in the powdered sugar.
These pecan sandies are the perfect holiday sweet treat. With their long shelf life, you can enjoy these right throughout the festive season!
More Easy Cookie Recipes we Love
- Gooey Butter Cookies
- Pignoli Cookies
- Italian Anise Cookies
- Brownie Cookies
- Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.