Cookie Ideas for Easter Sunday
All holidays need a delicious dessert, and Easter cookies are my dessert of choice for family gatherings. They’re quick and easy to make, they can be made the day before, and they’re perfectly shareable. Plus, these easy cookie recipes are super fun.
Make delicious sugar cookies, carrot cake cookies, classic Italian cookies, shortbread, or something extra cute you can decorate with the kids. No matter what you choose, friends and family will be happy to see these on Easter Sunday.
If you’re looking for something besides cookies, try any of these Easter dessert ideas!
Best Easter Cookie Recipes
These are my favorite cookie recipes for Easter Sunday. They’re simple, they’re festive, and of course they’re delicious!
- Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies: Nothing says Easter quite like carrot cake! A flavorful cream cheese filling is stuffed between two chewy cookies. And the cookies taste great on their own too, if you want to skip the filling.
- Easter Spritz Cookies: These flower-shaped Spritz cookies are perfect for Springtime. Decorate with colorful sprinkles or sanding sugars to make them as festive as possible.
- Soft Sugar Cookies: These soft and chewy frosted sugar cookies are a classic, and you can decorate them especially for Easter.
- Coconut Macaroons: Coconut is such a fun Spring flavor, and these macaroons make for a festive Easter Sunday treat.
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies: The combination of rich white chocolate and salty macadamia nuts are classic enough to please everyone, but fun enough to excite your taste buds.
- M&M Cookies: This cookie recipe is always a hit with the kids! Colorful chocolate candies are just pure fun.
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies: Peanut butter cookies with a Hershey’s Kiss in the middle makes for the best dessert.
- Pignoli Cookies: This Italian cookie recipe is chewy inside with a delicious almond flavor, and coated in pine nuts for extra crunch.
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies: These chocolate cookies are beautifully fluffy, while holding a nice texture that gives you a bite. And the chocolate chunks are just delectable!
Classic Cookies for Easter
You can’t beat a classic! These traditional cookies are sure to be a hit at any gathering–something everyone is sure to love.
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookies: A classic chocolate chip cookie is a real crowd-pleaser, no matter the occasion. So of course they make a great Easter cookie idea!
- Shortbread Cookies: Shortbread is a traditional cookie that shines in its simplicity. These are perfect for Easter, ready to serve with tea or coffee.
- Snickerdoodles: The flavor of warm cinnamon makes these so comforting and delicious.
- Soft Molasses Cookies: These chewy, warm-spiced cookies are made with molasses for the perfect texture and a rich flavor.
- Peanut Butter Cookies: A simple peanut butter cookie is irresistible! The crunchy bite is perfect, and these can be made in just 20 minutes.
- Linzer Cookies: I love makes these for any holiday, including Easter. The crunchy, buttery cookies, sweet jam, and powdered sugar are both tasty and pretty.
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies: These are sweet, comforting, and satiating thanks to the oats. And the melt-y chocolate chips are nice too.
- Chocolate Vanilla Pinwheel Cookies: Make these pinwheel cookies for Easter celebrations. They’re easy to make and that swirl looks beautiful!
Fun Easter Cookies
Easter is such a fun holiday for the whole family, so you need a dessert to match. These colorful, unique, and festive cookie ideas will do the trick!
- Tie-Dye Butter Cookies: I love making these for holidays because you can change the color of the dough to match the occasion. Pastel colors would be so fun for Easter cookies.
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies: What’s better than mini Reese’s in your Easter basket? Mini peanut butter cups wrapped in a crunchy cookie bite!
- Italian Anise Cookies: These sweet and crispy cookies are flavored with anise (so tasty), covered in icing, and topped with colorful sprinkles for a finishing touch.
- Chocolate Butter Cookies: These rich and buttery cookies are made with espresso and brown sugar for the most amazing flavor. And the colorful sprinkles are so festive.
- S’mores Cookies: This one of the most fun cookie recipes, and one of the easiest. Chocolate chip cookies are dipped in chocolate and topped with graham cracker crumbs and marshmallows.
- M&M Brownie Cookies: Use a boxed brownie mix to make these easy cookies fast. The chewy, chocolate-y texture and the colorful M&Ms are indulgently delicious!
- Easter Egg Sugar Cookies: Sugar cookies decorated to look like Easter eggs are the best Easter cookie recipe you could ask for.
- Easter Macarons: These are so fun to decorate, and you can change the color of the dough to make a range of cookies. If you’re throwing an Easter party, these will be a hit.
Spring Cookie Ideas
Spring weather calls for Spring flavors, bright colors, and beautifully sweet treats. These cookie recipes are perfect for the Easter holiday.
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies: These bright pink strawberry cookies are made with cake mix for the most amazing texture, and filled with white chocolate chips. The color and flavor both make them perfect for Spring holidays!
- Lemon Meringue Cookies: This is my favorite cookie hack when I need to make dessert for a crowd. Top shortbread cookies with lemon curd and meringue for a treat that looks way fancier than it is.
- Gooey Butter Cookies: The ooey gooey texture and buttery flavor (with a hint of almond) is undeniably tasty. This is definitely one of my favorite Easter cookie ideas.
- Pecan Sandies: These are sweet and buttery with a crisp texture. The combination of chopped pecans and powdered sugar is slightly addicting.
- Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies: Nothing says Spring like fresh vegetables! Trust me, mixing zucchini into cookie batter adds great texture, moisture, and flavor, without sacrificing flavor.
- Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies: These cookies are so quick and easy to make! The sweet raspberry jam on top is so fruity and refreshing.
- Iced Lemon Shortbread Cookies: Lemon is the best flavor for Spring cookies because it’s so bright and citrus-y. Thes crunchy cookies highlight that flavor with a sweet glaze and extra lemon zest.
- Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies: These pillowy cookies are great for Easter Sunday. The poppy seeds add texture, and the glaze is the perfect finish.
I hope you enjoy these Easter cookies as much as we do. With so many recipes and ideas to choose from, you’re sure to find a few to add to the dessert table.
Easy Easter Recipes
Fill out the rest of your Easter Sunday menu with these recipes for brunch, lunch, dinner, and more.