These frosted soft sugar cookies are wonderfully chewy and melt in your mouth delicious. Easy and simple to make, you will adore this classic sugar cookie recipe.
Get ready for the best sugar cookie recipe you have ever tried!
This is my go to sugar cookie and I have been making it for years! Perfectly sweet, soft and chewy, they are always a crowd pleaser!
They are delicious by themselves, but I love finishing them with some frosting and sprinkles for a real treat!
Be sure to check out my Loaded Chocolate Chip Giant Cookies, Shortbread Cookies, and Best No Bake Cookies.
Why you will love these soft sugar cookies
- Easy: Simple to make with pantry staple ingredients.
- Quick: These cookies are quick to make and only require 10 minutes of baking time. Perfect if you need a sweet fix in a hurry!
- Soft: I adore soft cookies and these come out perfectly every single time, I know you are going to love them!
How to make soft sugar cookies
Be sure to scroll down for the full recipe!
- Combine: Whisk together the dry ingredients. Cream the butter and sugars together and add the wet ingredients. Slowly add in the dry ingredients to form a dough.
- Make: Roll the dough into balls and roll in sugar. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake: Bake in a pre heated oven until golden.
How long do they keep?
Store the cookies in an airtight container. They will keep at room temperature for 2 days and in the fridge for up to 5.
You can also freeze the cookies if they haven’t been frosted. Freeze them on a baking sheet and once solid transfer them to a freezer bag or container. Thaw them at room temperature.
How do you know when the cookies are baked?
These cookies take around 8 to 10 minutes to bake, so be sure to keep your eye on them. They are ready to come out of the oven when they start to turn golden brown at the edges. The middle of the cookies will look soft with some cracks.
Brown sugar cookies
Brown sugar does wonderful things to cookies! The molasses in the sugar helps these cookies to get chewy and the acid in it helps them to get nice and puffy. It has more moisture and a richer flavor than white.
Recipe Notes and Tips
- If you are frosting the cookies, let them cool completely first or it will slide right off.
- These cookies bake quickly, so be sure to keep your eye on them.
- Cook the cookies in a pre heated oven so that they cook evenly.
More Easy Cookie Recipes
- Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
- Chocolate Vanilla Pinwheel Cookies
- Fudgy Brownie Cookies Recipe (2 Ways!)
- Soft Molasses Cookies Recipe
- Best M&M Cookies Recipe
- Mom’s Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
Do you have a site for beginners baking and cooking ? Like a 101 on baking and cooking basics. Especially on baking I love 💕 to do both. But want to learn from one of the best. I don’t know about using baking powder v/s baking soda . Or how to make big thick cookies 🍪 that stay thick , fluffy and chewy and melt in your mouth how to make the best cupcakes 🧁 that stay risen moist, fluffy and melt I your
mouth 👄 also make the salad texture of fluffy light and melt in your mouth 👄 from a homemade cake with melt in mouth and not dense and stuff I want you to direct me in the right direction to help me a success for my family and grand kids who all live to eat. We can chat a different way if you prefer. Send me your email as u have mines already and cooking tips can be more private Infor if u prefer. Thx and God Bless you in all your endeavors you continue to do in sharing all your hard work with others to make them happy and as successful as u have become, thx for sharing
This website was designed for bakers and cooks of all skill levels, and there are a lot of “how to” guides. I also have a website dedicated to baking. It’s called Easy Dessert Recipes!
hi Michell when they say cream butter and sugars till light and fluffy it takes 3 till 5 minutes beating to have no graining sugar in mixture and the fluffiness for recipe something I learned later baking why recipes I made did not turn out as good product when they would of been better
These were so easy to make and so fun I would recommend them to all of my friends I added chocolate chips in it and a cup of milk too. MAKE THEM SO SO SO SO GOOD
Looks amazing, Noah!
These were so good! I topped with homemade buttercream!
YUM! That sounds delicious!
ok I might do that that sounds good