Monkey Bread is a fun and tasty treat perfect for breakfast or dessert! This Pumpkin Pie Monkey Bread Recipe tastes just like pumpkin pie, making it the ultimate Thanksgiving breakfast. I love this ooey gooey monkey bread made with biscuit dough. It’s so easy and so delicious!
Pumpkin Pie Monkey Bread
This Monkey Bread recipe is the perfect fall treat. Pumpkin Pie Monkey Bread is so tasty and just begs to be made as holiday breakfast!
Breakfasts need to be pretty darn good to get me out of bed early. HOLIDAY breakfasts need to be AMAZING! I look forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas breakfasts year round, always looking for something special to make to get the day started on a festive note. Holiday gatherings are a non-stop blur of fun, family, and FOOD and you need a good solid breakfast to get you through all the festivities!
This PUMPKIN PIE MONKEY BREAD recipe is not only delicious, it’s super easy to make. It tastes just like pumpkin pie in gooey biscuit form. Doesn’t that just sound like heaven? It’s the absolutely perfect breakfast for Thanksgiving or Christmas morning. Who doesn’t want to start the day with something this good?
This easy monkey bread recipe is made with biscuit dough and covered in a pumpkin pie mix that adds SO much flavor. It comes out perfectly moist and ready to eat. Grab a piece and share it with family and friends!
This Pumpkin Pie Monkey Bread recipe is the perfect Thanksgiving or Christmas breakfast!
Easy Monkey Bread Recipe
I just LOVE anything pumpkin (remember the Caramel Macadamia Nut Pumpkin Pie Bars!), so this easy pumpkin pie monkey bread recipe is right up my alley. I say it’s great for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but don’t be afraid to make it year round. These flavors never go out of style in my humble opinion! It’s too easy to buy a can of pumpkin in the Summer and keep making this easy monkey bread recipe. I have a feeling I’ll be making this recipe about once a month. Can you blame me? It’s made with pre-made biscuit dough so it’s really so simple!
Why do they call it monkey bread?
What is monkey bread anyways? If you don’t already know, then you are in for a treat! Monkey Bread is a delicious pastry treat that is soft, moist, sweet, and a little bit sticky. It looks like a cake (and is usually baked in a bundt cake pan), but it’s more like a sweet bread. It’s like balls of dough squished and baked together, then topped with a sticky sweet icing or glaze, or often times just cinnamon sugar. It’s a pull apart bread that is meant to be eaten with your hands, which is why they call it monkey bread!
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Monkey Bread
This easy monkey bread recipe is soooooo delicious, I just can’t stop thinking about it! Luckily it just takes a handful of ingredients, including pre-made biscuit dough and a can of pumpkin puree. In less than an hour, you can have this amazing pumpkin pie monkey bread ready to serve!
All you have to do is give the biscuit dough that pumpkin spice flavor, make up the pumpkin pie mixture to slather on to the biscuits, place the biscuits in the bundt pan, make a brown sugar/butter icing to pour on top, and then bake.
Recommended Products to make Pumpkin Pie Monkey Bread
I’m making this Pumpkin Pie Monkey Bread recipe for you just in time for you to buy the ingredients and make it for your family Thanksgiving morning. It’s a guaranteed hit and sure to please. What kind of person wouldn’t love Pumpkin Pie Monkey Bread?? I just can’t fathom it. We added a simple glaze that is optional, but again, who doesn’t love a little icing in their life. IT’S THANKSGIVING! We don’t worry about calories at Thanksgiving! Be sure to dig in while it’s nice and hot, ooey and gooey. THE BEST!
See the recipe card below for details on how to make this Pumpkin Pie Monkey Bread recipe. Enjoy!
If you like this monkey bread recipe, try some more easy pumpkin recipes:
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Pumpkin Brownies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Caramel Macadamia Pumpkin Pie Bars
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie
Monkey Bread is a fun and tasty treat perfect for breakfast or dessert! This Pumpkin Pie Monkey Bread Recipe tastes just like pumpkin pie, making it the ultimate Thanksgiving breakfast. I love this ooey gooey monkey bread made with biscuit dough. It's so easy and so delicious!
- 3 cans 12 oz. refrigerated biscuit dough, cut into quarters
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ c granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 cup butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a 12-cup Bundt or tube pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- For the dough:
- Combine 1 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice in a small bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Place quartered dough in a large mixing bowl then sprinkle sugar/spice mixture evenly over the dough. Gently stir the dough until the sugar/spice mixture covers each piece of dough.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ¼ cup sugar, pumpkin pie puree and 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie seasoning. Whisk together until ingredients incorporate.
- Pour the pumpkin pie mixture over the prepared dough stirring gently until all biscuit pieces are covered with the pumpkin mixture.
- Evenly place all biscuit pieces in the sprayed Bundt or tube pan.
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook 1 minute. Pour the brown sugar/butter evenly over the biscuits in the pan.
- Bake at 350F 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and biscuits are cooked through.
- Remove from oven and place Monkey Bread on a cooling rack. Cool 10 minutes, then turn the Monkey Bread upside down onto a platter larger than the Bundt pan.
- Pull apart to serve.