Pumpkin Pie is a must make for Thanksgiving. We put a twist on this Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipe by adding brown sugar into the mix. Making pumpkin pie is a breeze with this homemade pumpkin pie recipe!
Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipe
It’s not Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie! This EASY Pumpkin Pie Recipe is sure to please.
This Homemade Pumpkin Pie is one of my prized possessions. It’s utterly DELICIOUS, virtually fool-proof, and sure to wow even the pickiest eaters. I can’t get enough of this Easy Pumpkin Pie recipe!
There are so many recipes out there, but this is the ultimate Thanksgiving pie recipe. You just can’t have a feast without it! I love the added flavor of the brown sugar, which really takes it up a notch. This small tweak on a classic makes all the difference. It’s our go-to pumpkin pie for every occasion!
Don’t forget to top it off with this homemade whipped cream for the perfect touch!
Get ready to taste the best pumpkin pie recipe of your life! It’s so easy to make, you won’t believe it!
Best Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Pumpkin Pie has always been my favorite for the holidays but I’ve never found a recipe that I just LOVED. I would always rely on someone else to bring the dessert and hope that they made the perfect pie.
This Brown Sugar Pumpkin Pie Recipe has changed all that. Once I learned how to make it, it changed everything. I’ll never go back! You can count on me to bring this every year from here on out.
I can’t wait for you to try it! This easy pumpkin pie recipe has the most amazing flavor, the perfect consistency, and is fool-proof. It’s the Thanksgiving dessert you just NEED every year.
Pumpkin Pie Ingredients
This pie is so simple, and doesn’t really have that many ingredients. I start with a pre-made pie crust, because getting the filling right is what I’m focused on. But you can also use this homemade pie crust recipe if you want to make it fully from scratch.
For the filling, you’ll need:
- Dark Brown Sugar
- Pumpkin Puree (pure pumpkin only, don’t get the pumpkin pie filling)
- Heavy Cream
How to Make Pumpkin Pie
- Pie Crust: Preheat oven to 425°F, and place a baking stone (if available) on the middle rack. Roll out pie crust and place it in a 9-inch pie plate. Blind bake (pre-bake) the pie crust 10 minutes by covering the inside and outer edges with foil and filling the foil with sugar – this will keep the crust in place during baking. Place the crust in the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, place the crust on a cooling rack, and very carefully (sugar will be hot), transfer the foil with the sugar to a heat-proof bowl. Cool the crust completely.
- Pie Filling: In a large mixing bowl, place brown sugar, eggs, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg. Whisk together and add the pumpkin purée and heavy cream. Whisk until ingredients are well incorporated. Pour the pumpkin pie filling into the cooled pie crust. Place the pumpkin pie in the 425°f oven, on the baking stone, and cook for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350°F, and bake another 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool: Transfer the cooked pie to a cooling rack, remove the piecrust shield, and cool at least 2 hours before slicing. Serve immediately topped with whipped cream, or refrigerate.
Tips for Making Pumpkin Pie:
- If the crust is browning too quickly, cover the outer crust with foil or with a piecrust shield.
- Pie will still be a bit jiggly in the center when it’s ready to take out of the oven. This will firm up afterwards, because the pie will continue to cook a bit after being removed from heat.
- Make sure you buy 100% pure pumpkin puree, NOT pumpkin pie filling. We are adding all the spices to it with this recipe, so you don’t want to start with a pre-spiced pumpkin filling.
- Watch the video to see the step by step recipe!
How do you make Pumpkin Pie Spice?
Pumpkin Pie Spice consists of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and cloves. You can buy it at the store or make it at home in bulk. I use my own Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice recipe!
Can I use milk in this recipe?
We prefer heavy cream for this recipe, but if you want to use milk you can. You should add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch to make sure your pie sets up correctly.
How long does Pumpkin Pie keep?
The experts (at Betty Crocker and Libby) suggest covering your Homemade Pumpkin Pie loosely with plastic wrap or foil and keeping it in the fridge. It DOES need to be refrigerated after cooking. It should keep for 3-4 days.
With Thanksgiving creeping up, this Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipe is an absolute must!
Be sure to check out our other holiday favorites like Mini Sweet Potato Souffle Cups, Bacon Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes, 3 Cheese Asparagus Gratin, and Holiday Party Punch! We have all the (EASY) recipes you might need to make this Thanksgiving simple, unique, DELICIOUS, and fun. No slaving in the kitchen all day for us!
Okay, I’ve got to run. I still have half a French Silk Pie and half this easy Pumpkin Pie in the fridge. I think I’ll have a contest and see which one tastes the best when eaten for dinner. And by that I mean both of them.
Watch the video and See the recipe card below for full details on How to Make Pumpkin Pie. Enjoy!
Try these other easy Pumpkin Pie Inspired Recipes:
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Pumpkin Pie Punch
- Pumpkin Pie Chimichangas
- Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- Pumpkin Pie Hot Chocolate
- Pumpkin Pie Monkey Bread
- Pumpkin Pie Dip
FIND ALL THE RECIPES YOU NEED WITH MY EASY HOLIDAY RECIPES E-BOOK. OVER 130 RECIPES FROM APPETIZERS TO SIDE DISHES TO DESSERTS AND MORE!