Fall is my favorite time of year because it means I get to start making all of these easy pumpkin recipes! I love pumpkin desserts and baked goods for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and all the other autumn festivities. But there are plenty of savory pumpkin dishes for lunch and dinner too. There are so many tasty things to make with fresh and canned pumpkin, and I’m ready to make them all!
Try fresh pumpkin bread, pumpkin cakes, pumpkin soup, pumpkin brownies, pumpkin mac and cheese, and (of course) our favorite pumpkin pie.
What to Make with Pumpkins
When pumpkin spice season rolls around, I’m right there waiting to dig into all the tasty fall food. These pumpkin recipes and desserts are where I like to start.
There are so many sweet and savory recipes to choose from, for breakfast, dinner, or dessert. So grab your pumpkin pie spice and get to baking! And don’t worry, there are lots of drinks and cocktails in the mix too.
If you’re still wondering what to do with pumpkin, try these easy recipes! Whether you’re starting with fresh pumpkin or a can of pumpkin puree, you can use it to make any of these dishes.
Easy Pumpkin Desserts
Pumpkin desserts are the perfect way to celebrate Autumn! Make any of these easy recipes for parties, holidays, and weekends with the family.
- Pumpkin Pie: Autumn wouldn’t be complete without a pumpkin pie or two. This super easy version is great for any holiday or special occasion, and of course it’s the best Thanksgiving pie.
- Pumpkin Crisp: The buttery crumble topping is the star of this scrumptious pumpkin dessert recipe!
- Pumpkin Pie Crumble: This cozy dessert features a sweet and creamy pumpkin filling, baked with a crunchy, spiced crumble topping.
- Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake: This no bake cheesecake recipe couldn’t be easier! A graham cracker crust, pumpkin cheesecake, and pumpkin spice whipped cream makes one delicious dessert.
- Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake: This dessert is dense, moist, flavorful, and oh so ooey-gooey. It’s the perfect pumpkin treat!
- Pumpkin Pie Dessert Lasagna: A creamy pumpkin filling is layered with ladyfingers, a graham cracker crust, white chocolate, and cool whip to make this easy dessert recipe.
- Pumpkin Ice Cream: Serve any of these pumpkin desserts with ice cream to match! No churning required.
Pumpkin Baking Recipes
Turn on the oven and start baking with any of these delicious pumpkin recipes. Warm, fresh-baked goods, like breads and cookies, are satisfyingly comforting in this chilly season.
- Pumpkin Brownies: Grab a box of brownie mix, a can of pumpkin, and a few other ingredients to make these creamy and chocolate-y fall brownies.
- Oatmeal Pumpkin Bread: This fresh bread is full of warm spices but still deliciously sweet. It’s topped off with pecans and an apple cider sauce!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies: These soft and fluffy chocolate chip cookies are infused with plenty of pumpkin to create the most delectable treat!
- Pumpkin Bars: These cakey dessert bars are topped with a delectable cream cheese icing. They’re so easy to make, and great for a crowd.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread: This quick bread is one of my favorite pumpkin baking recipes! It has the perfect pumpkin spice flavor, with just the right amount of chocolate chunks.
- Pumpkin Pie Monkey Bread: This gooey pull-apart bread recipe has the best sweet pumpkin flavor, and it’s so simple to make.
Pumpkin Drinks and Cocktails
When pumpkin spice season rolls around, the coffee drinks are top of my mind. But there are lots of cocktails and other fun drinks to make too!
- Pumpkin Spice Latte: There’s no better way to celebrate pumpkin season than with a classic PSL! Skip the line and make your own at home any time.
- Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew: Make your own pumpkin sweet cream to top off your cold brew at home. It’s refreshing, easy, and so tasty!
- Pumpkin Whiskey Cocktail: A pumpkin spice simple syrup spices up this whiskey cocktail. It’s the perfect drink for fall!
- Hot Pumpkin Cocktail: If you’ve ever wished you could drink pumpkin pie, this cocktail is the drink for you. It’s like a pumpkin-flavored Irish Cream–so comforting!
- Pumpkin Spice White Russian: A classic creamy white russian cocktail gets a fall upgrade with the addition of pumpkin spice.
- Pumpkin Pie Punch: If you need a party punch for Thanksgiving, Halloween, or another fall festivity, this recipe (made with real pumpkin) is the way to go!
- Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate: Warm up those chilly autumn evenings with this chocolate-y drink. It’s so easy to make in a slow cooker!
- Pumpkin Jello Shots: Pump up your fall holidays with these festive jello shots. They look like mini pumpkin pies, and you can eat the pie crust cups too!
Savory Pumpkin Recipes for Dinner
There are plenty of sweet recipes here, but pumpkin is the perfect ingredient for savory dishes too! Make a warm and comforting dinner with real pumpkin, and you’ll have even more chances to indulge in the flavor of the season.
- Pumpkin Mac and Cheese: This creamy baked macaroni is filled with canned pumpkin puree, fontina cheese, bacon, and a crunchy breadcrumb topping!
- Pumpkin Soup: This creamy, savory pumpkin soup only takes 30 minutes to make, and it’s vegan! That means it’s an easy and healthy option that doesn’t skimp on flavor.
- Maple Pumpkin Salad Dressing: Turn canned pumpkin, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, and a few other ingredients into a flavorful salad dressing that’s perfect for this fall kale salad.
Tip: You can also cut and roast a fresh pumpkin similarly to butternut squash, or substitute it in other winter squash recipes. But be sure to use pumpkins intended for eating, rather than the large Halloween pumpkins.
Breakfast Recipes with Pumpkin
Start your morning with these pumpkin-filled breakfast recipes! Whether you’re looking for something simple and healthy, or something sweet and indulgent, there’s something tasty for everyone!
- Pumpkin Pancakes: Use pumpkin puree and warm spices to make these fluffy pancakes for fall mornings!
- Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal: This oatmeal is so warm, hearty, and filling. The mix of pumpkin spices with sweet brown sugar and maple syrup creates the most delicious flavor.
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls: You probably didn’t think homemade cinnamon rolls could get any better, but they do! The addition of pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice makes these perfect for fall mornings.
- Pumpkin Muffins: Bake these pumpkin spiced muffins ahead of time and you’ll have an easy breakfast ready to go in the mornings!
- Pumpkin Microwave Oatmeal: This recipe is so quick and easy! Made in the microwave, you can have this breakfast ready in no time, even on weekday mornings.
Add all of these easy pumpkin recipes to your fall menu, and you’ll be able to satisfy every sweet and savory craving. Enjoy!
Make these Recipes with Fresh Pumpkin
If you want to make your own pumpkin puree for any of these pumpkin desserts and recipes, you can certainly do that. Start with a fresh pumpkin (look for “sugar” pumpkins at the grocery store), and follow these simple steps.