These sopapilla cheesecake bars are the perfect sweet treat! Made with crescent rolls, these bars are filled with a creamy and sweet filling and they only take 10 minutes to make!
These homemade sopapilla cheesecake bars are much easier to make than you think! Perfectly sweet and creamy, these decadent dessert bars are a real treat, an I’ll bet you won’t be able to stop at one!
The sopapilla layers are made with crescent rolls so they are super simple and quick to make and the cinnamon sugar topping is to die for!
Why you’ll love these Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars:
- Quick: It takes about 10 minutes to make a batch of these bars, and the rest of the time is hands off.
- Simple: Made with just a few simple ingredients, and a little short cut, these bars are easy to whip up.
- Great for a crowd: This recipe makes 10 bars, so they are a great option to serve up over Christmas and the holidays.
How to make sopapilla cheesecake bars
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Place a crescent roll layer in a dish and bake until golden brown.
- Whip together the filling ingredients.
- Spread the filling over the crust.
- Top with another crescent dough layer.
- Spread melted butter on top and sprinkle over the cinnamon sugar.
- Bake until golden brown.
What is sopapilla?
Sopapilla is a Mexican fried pastry and quick bread. For this recipe, I’ve taken a short cut and used crescent rolls in place of a traditional sopapilla and I promise you won’t be able to tell the difference! It’s such a great hack and the results are super good!
How long do they keep?
Once the cheesecake bars have been cut into squares and are fully cooled, place them into an airtight container, with the layers separated with parchment. They will keep well for 3 to 4 days.
Can you freeze them?
Yes, these bars freeze really well. Flash freeze the squares on a baking sheet before transferring to an airtight container of freezer bag. Thaw them in the fridge overnight or for a couple of hours at room temperature.
- Be sure to spray your baking dish with non-stick spray before placing in the pastry layer.
- Bake the cheesecake bars in a fully pre-heated oven so that they cook through evenly.
- Let the sopapilla cheesecake bars rest for 10 minutes before slicing into 12 pieces and serving.
More Easy Bar Recipes
After you try these Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars, check out our other favorite easy bar recipes!
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!