Strawberries Foster will make you forget all about Bananas Foster! Delicious, easy, and beautiful, this creamy dessert is perfect for the summer and it comes together in minutes.
Easy Strawberry Dessert
I’m always on the hunt for super easy DELICIOUS desserts. Ones you can whip up in minutes and enjoy over and over again.
When we go out to eat, if Bananas Foster is on the menu, you better believe I’m ordering it. That being said, I’ve never made it at home! My husband isn’t a huge fan of bananas, so I’ve just never tried. Strawberries on the other hand, he can’t get enough. So I thought why not take everything I love from Bananas Foster and simply swap out the bananas for strawberries!
Strawberries Foster was born, and MAN is it delicious! Thrown together in minutes and sure to please. Simple flavors coming together to create the perfect sweet treat.
Why You’ll Love this Strawberry Foster Recipe:
- QUICK AND EASY: This dessert comes together in a matter of minutes with just a handful of simple ingredients.
- PERFECT FOR DINNER PARTIES: Despite the super easy recipe, this is a great dessert choice if you are entertaining.
- BOOZY: Cooked in rum, these are some delicious strawberries! You’ll be eating them straight out of the pan!
Since I was just making this at home, I didn’t go as far as lighting the mixture on fire and putting on a show, but you totally can! Bring the fancy restaurant right to your home kitchen. How fun is that?!
Strawberries Foster is the topper for Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, or is equally delicious on its own. It’s addicting, let me tell you!
How to make strawberries foster dessert
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Heat the sugar butter and rum.
- Add the strawberries and coat in the sauce.
- Serve over ice cream.
For best results use fresh strawberries, frozen ones tend to hold a lot of water, plus they don’t look quite as pretty. If using frozen, thaw them before tossing in the sauce.
Traditionally made with bananas, there’s no reason why you can’t try this recipe with other fresh fruits! It will work great with other berries, or add apples which will have a crunchier texture. Peaches are definitely going to be tried in my house!
This strawberries foster recipe is best made just before serving. If you make it too far ahead of time, the strawberries may get a little mushy. You can make them an hour or two ahead of time and then just warm them up in the pan to serve.
I just love how elegant strawberries Foster is, while still being a simple dessert. Easy recipes are always the best, and this is as easy as it comes.
With only a few ingredients, the strawberries are really able to shine. So much flavor!!
Strawberry fosters served over some vanilla bean ice cream is my idea of a perfect summer dessert. The hot strawberries melt the ice cream for one indulgent and tasty treat. I like to garnish the dessert with a little sprig of mint for color and freshness.
- Brown sugar works best for this recipe. It has a complex sweetness that doesn’t overpower the dish. In a pinch, you can use white sugar.
- Dark rum works wonderfully in this recipe and is traditionally used in bananas foster. Bourbon will also make for a tasty dessert!
- Make sure that your strawberries are fresh and ripe. Use ones that don’t have green spots and are fairly firm to the touch.
This strawberry fosters recipe is so perfect in it’s simplicity! Easy to make, the the flavors are out of this world!
If you have a strawberry lover in your house, this Strawberries Foster is for you! Super fun, super easy, and super delicious. Just as any go-to dessert recipe should be.
More Strawberry Dessert Recipes
- Blueberry, Raspberry, Strawberry Tiramisu
- Strawberry Jello Pie
- Strawberry Pound Cake
- White Layer Cake with Strawberry Filling
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!