This simple Frozen Strawberry Lemonade Pie is prepped in minutes! This easy, delicious, and refreshing dessert makes the perfect summer treat. I love the creamy lemonade filling mixed with the tart strawberries. Strawberry Cool Whip Pie couldn’t be easier or more refreshing. Summer, here we come!
Lemon Strawberry Cool Whip Pie
Autumn may be on its way, but it’s not here yet! There’s still time for some delicious tastes of summer–and it’s still ice cream season in my book (It can be ice cream season all year long, as far as I’m concerned!).
This weekend I made a super simple Strawberry Lemonade Freezer Pie…and I think I’m hooked. I love easy summer dessert recipes, and this is one of the easiest of them all. And it’s just as tasty as if I’d slaved all day. Perfect!
Why you’ll love this Frozen Strawberry Lemonade Pie:
- Light and refreshing: With a citrus kick from lemons and lemonade, and fresh strawberries, no less!
- No-bake: Keep the kitchen cool in the summer with this easy recipe.
- Summer Dessert: A summer favorite that you’ll want all year round.
Frozen Cool Whip Pie Ingredients
- Pie crust – premade graham cracker crust works great.
- Frozen whipped topping – low fat; thawed before mixing.
- Lemonade – canned lemonade concentrate delivers a great, zesty flavor.
- Strawberries – chopped. You can use fresh or frozen.
- Yellow food coloring – optional but pretty!
- Garnish – lemon slices and strawberries.
How to make this Frozen Pie
- Combine strawberries and sugar in a food processor.
- Then, in a mixer, combine thawed whipped topping, lemonade, and sweetened condensed milk and pour the lemonade mixture into the pie crust.
- Then pour the strawberry mix on top.
- Freeze until solid; slice and serve!
What Is a Freezer Pie?
A freezer pie or icebox pie is a delicious classic southern dessert that was named after the ice box where these pies were kept.
They were quick and easy to make, required no cooking in the heat of summer, and could be stored in the icebox until it was served. Iceboxes date back to the 1830s, FYI.
How Long Does Strawberry Lemonade Pie Need to Freeze?
It will depend on your freezer of course, but it’s a good idea to let this pie freeze overnight or at least 8 hours–just to be safe. Return any pie leftovers to the freezer promptly–the pie thaws quickly!
What Type of Crust Works Best?
This pie is not going in the oven, so obviously, you don’t want to use a raw pastry crust. And while you could pre-bake a traditional crust, the lemonade mixture could soak through and make a soggy bottom layer.
Instead, try cookie crumbs or graham cracker crumbs for the crust. You can by pre-made cookie crusts at the grocery store, and I’d suggest a vanilla wafer-flavor or graham cracker variety–but probably not a chocolate cookie crust.
More Strawberry Recipes to Try this Summer
- Strawberry Cookies
- Strawberry Jello Pie
- Strawberry Pound Cake
- Strawberry Lemonade Poke Cake
- Strawberry Brownies
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Strawberry Shortcake Pie
- Frozen Strawberry Margaritas
Strawberry recipes are a must make in the summertime, and even year round. We cannot get enough!
This freezer pie is a delicious no-bake dessert and a great go-to treat with minimal fuss. No cooking. Just mix the ingredients, pour into the pie crust, and slide it into the freezer – done!
Check Out These Delicious Frozen Desserts
- Caramel Apple Freezer Pie
- Easy Mint Chip Ice Cream Pie
- Easy Snickers Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Pie
Have you tried this Strawberry Lemonade Freezer Pie? Feel free to leave a star rating and I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!