These strawberry recipes and desserts are the easiest way to celebrate the summer season! This sweet and tart berry is perfect for desserts of all kinds, breakfasts, drinks and cocktails, salads, cakes, pies, and more. Whether you have a pint of fresh strawberries to use up, or some frozen berries waiting out the winter, these easy recipes are a great way to use them up.
What to Make with Strawberries
Summer, aka strawberry season, is my favorite time of year! I love getting super fresh strawberries to use in all of my favorite recipes, because everything tastes better when it’s in season.
If you’re wondering what to make with that pint of strawberries, I’ve got you covered! You can use strawberries in all kinds of recipes, from breakfast first thing in the morning, all the way until dessert time. Use them to make drinks and cocktails, baked goods, snacks, oatmeal, French toast, and pies. And of course this fruit is packed with nutrition, so it’s perfect for healthy recipes too, like salads and smoothies.
Sometimes sweet, sometimes tart, but always delicious, these easy strawberry recipes are the best way to celebrate the season! Using fresh strawberries will intensify the flavors, but frozen strawberries work for a lot of these recipes as well. So no matter what time of year it is, you can enjoy the flavor of this family-favorite fruit!
Recipes with Fresh Strawberries
Use those fresh strawberries to make healthy salads, summery appetizers, or a simple yet flavorful pie!
- Strawberry Salad: This fresh, fruity, and healthy salad is filled with strawberries, almonds, croutons, feta, and topped with a poppy seed dressing.
- Strawberry Salsa: Strawberries, basil, and a few simple ingredients create a fruity salsa that’s perfect for dipping with cinnamon tortilla chips.
- Peach and Strawberry Bruschetta: Sweet and juicy fruit, creamy goat cheese, and balsamic top bites of crunchy bread for the best summer appetizer. Bring it to BBQs and potlucks!
- Strawberry Bacon Salad: Strawberries, bacon, feta, mint, and a honey lime balsamic vinaigrette makes a simple and fresh little salad that pairs well with fresh salmon, chicken, and other grilled favorites.
- Fruit and Feta Jar Salad: Make individual-sized salads filled with spinach, blueberries and strawberries, feta, and poppyseed dressing. These are healthy and perfect for parties, and they’re red, white, and blue, so it’s a great recipe for 4th of July or Memorial Day!
- Strawberry Avocado Pasta Salad: Penne pasta with strawberries, avocado, feta, arugula, and poppy seed dressing make a tasty dish to bring to summer potlucks, or a healthy but filling lunch.
- Fresh Strawberry Pie: A fresh strawberry filling lets the berries shine in this simple pie recipe.
Easy Strawberry Desserts
The sweet and fruity flavor of strawberries is perfect for all kinds of desserts, including pies, cookies, tarts, and more.
- Strawberry Jello Pie: Strawberry jello and fresh berries work together to make a filling with a delectable texture. It’s so easy to make for summer parties!
- Strawberry Shortcake Cups: Everyone loves a classic strawberry shortcake, and this individual-sized recipe is so easy for parties.
- Frozen Strawberry Lemonade Pie: A cool and creamy lemonade filling with tart strawberries makes a refreshing freezer pie that will cool you down in the heat of summer.
- Triple Berry Tiramisu: Fresh strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries combine to make a jammy filling, layered with ladyfingers and mascarpone, for a fruity and colorful twist on tiramisu.
- Strawberry Lemonade Sugar Cookie Bars: Zesty lemon curd cream cheese frosting and strawberries top off a sugar cookie crust for any easy and crowd-friendly dessert.
- Strawberry Shortcake Pie: Layers of strawberry glaze, cream, and pound cake are baked in a pie crust, for a fun new way to make a classic dessert.
- Easy Strawberry Tart: Puff pastry, strawberries, and mascarpone make a super easy fruit tart that’s fun to serve after lunch, or bring it to a BBQ.
- Jello Salad: This cool and creamy dessert is a nostalgic favorite for BBQs, potlucks, and picnics. Both fresh strawberries and jell-o makes it taste super fruity and delicious.
Strawberry Breakfast Recipes
Kick off breakfast or brunch with any of these tasty recipes filled with strawberries! Oatmeal, french toast, donuts, and more are an easy way to use those berries.
- French Toast with Strawberry Syrup: This amazing french toast with almonds and strawberry syrup is the best breakfast to wake up to!
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Oatmeal: This baked oatmeal is filled with strawberries and chocolate for an indulgent yet still nutritious breakfast.
- Strawberry Oatmeal Bars: Delicious, crumbly oatmeal bars are made with both fresh berries and strawberry jam, along with shredded coconut, for ultimate flavor. These are a good on-the-go breakfast or afternoon snack.
- Strawberry Cake Mix Donuts: Use a cake mix to make fluffy donuts, then use chopped fresh berries to make a glaze. It’s a fun treat everyone will love to see in the mornings.
- Strawberry French Toast Casserole: This baked french toast casserole has the wonderful flavors of strawberries and cream, and it’s such an easy weekend breakfast or brunch.
- Strawberry and Cream Mini Pies: This McDonald’s copycat recipe is a quick and tasty on-the-go breakfast. The strawberry and cream cheese filling is so good!
- PB & Strawberry Oatmeal: Creamy peanut butter, strawberry jelly, chopped peanuts, and fresh berries make this quick and easy oatmeal absolutely delicious first thing in the morning.
- Banana Strawberry Cream Cheese: Real bananas and strawberries are blended up with cream cheese to make a fruity, creamy spread you can use on toast, bagels, and other breakfast favorites.
Strawberry Drinks and Cocktails
There’s nothing more refreshing on a summer day than a fruity strawberry drink recipe! Whether you prefer a cocktail or a non-alcoholic option, these ideas are all delicious.
- Strawberry Lemonade: A glass of lemonade is already refreshing, but add some strawberries, and it becomes even better. Keep it family-friendly, or add vodka for a cocktail!
- Frozen Strawberry Margarita: The slushy, creamy texture of a frozen margarita is the most refreshing cocktail, and the strawberry flavor is delightful.
- Strawberry Mango Smoothie: A delicious mix of frozen fruits and coconut water makes a super simple and healthy summer smoothie.
- Starbucks Pink Drink: Throw a handful of berries into a super easy coconut drink you’ll want to be drinking all summer long.
- Strawberry Frose: All you have to do is blend up 3 simple ingredients to make this tasty frozen cocktail.
- Strawberry Palomas: Grapefruit juice, strawberries, honey, tequila, and ginger beer make a super simple cocktail.
- Strawberry Basil Margarita: Basil, agave, and fresh strawberries create a sweet, fruity, and lightly herb-y cocktail!
- Strawberry Lemonade Punch: Blend frozen strawberries with lemonade, then mix with lemon lime soda (and liquor of choice if making an alcoholic punch) for a fun party punch recipe.
- Strawberry Margarita Punch: Why make one margarita when you can make a whole pitcher of this delicious punch? It’s fruity, fizzy, and fun for parties.
- Strawberry Vodka: Use a pint of fresh strawberries to infuse vodka with extra flavor, then use it for fun cocktails or a strawberry shortcake ice cream float.
If you just can’t get enough strawberry desserts, make sure you try these easy cake recipes! They’re perfect for summer parties and sure to feed the whole crowd.
- Fresh Strawberry Cake: This strawberry sheet cake recipe is made from scratch with real berries, then topped with strawberry cream cheese.
- Strawberry Buttermilk Cake: This super soft and moist cake is filled with zesty citrus flavors along with fresh berries for a delicious dessert.
- Strawberry Pound Cake: Classic pound cake is embedded with fresh berries, then topped with strawberry syrup and glaze for the ultimate spring or summer cake.
- Strawberry Lemonade Poke Cake: Strawberry jello filling and lemonade cream cheese turn a white cake mix into a fun dessert. Sweet, tart, and citrusy!
- Strawberry Cupcakes: Fluffy cupcakes with chunks of strawberries and cream cheese frosting make a fun party treat!
- Vanilla Cake with Strawberry Filling: Fresh berries make a sweet filling and topping for this simple white cake.
Whip out these easy strawberry recipes next time you have fresh or frozen berries you need to use up. Strawberry desserts and drinks are perfect for the summertime, but these ideas are delicious any time of year!
More Summer Recipes
Pair your favorite strawberry recipes with any of these other summery foods and drinks. Whether you’re preparing for a potluck, or looking for something to grill for dinner, there are lots more recipe ideas to try.