This post is sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill. All opinions are my own.
This strawberry pound cake is one delicious dessert! Made with fresh strawberries, drizzled with a sweet syrup and finished with a tangy glaze, every bite is so tasty!
Fresh Strawberry Pound Cake Recipe
Elevate a simple pound cake recipe with this yummy recipe!
This strawberry pound cake is perfect to serve at any occasion. It’s easy to make but it makes for a wonderful centerpiece.
Perfectly moist and fluffy, I promise you that everyone will be asking for the recipe.
Why you’ll love this Strawberry Pound Cake recipe:
- EASY: Pound cakes are pretty straight forward to make, even the most novice of bakers will create a masterpiece!
- MAKE AHEAD: Pound cakes are very moist, which means they have a long shelf life. They are also freezer friendly.
- FRESH: Made with fresh strawberries, every bite is bursting with flavor.
What’s the best flour to use for baking?
For this recipe I used Bob’s Red Mill’s Unbleached White All Purpose Flour. This product is a STAPLE in our kitchen and the only flour I use if we are using all-purpose flour. Bob’s is also my go-to if we want to use Wheat Flour of Gluten Free Flour.
The ingredients when baking are so important. I trust Bob’s Red Mill completely and cannot recommend them enough.
Bob’s products are SECOND TO NONE. If you haven’t seen their line of foods you need to immediately. There’s just no one on the market that’s quite like the quality of Bob’s Red Mill.
I love the resealable bag and trusted name. If Bob’s makes a product, I use it whenever possible!
I’ve used Bob’s for years. Here are some other recipes I’ve made using their line of amazing baking products:
- Iced Lemon Loaf
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Gingerbread Pudding Cake
- Easy Churros
How to make Strawberry Poke Pound Cake
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Cream together the sugar and butter and add in the eggs.
- Mix in the flour in batches and stir in the salt.
- Mix in the half and half and flavorings.
- Fold in the strawberries.
- Bake and let cool.
- Boil together the water and sugar and mix in the pureed strawberries.
- Poke holes in the baked cake and pour over most of the strawberry syrup. Let the cake cool.
- Make the strawberry glaze and drizzle over the cooled cake.
How long does it keep?
Once your strawberry pound cake has fully cooled, transfer it to an airtight container. It will keep well for up to 5 days at room temperature and in the fridge for up to a week.
Can you freeze it?
Yes, this freezes well and will keep for up to 3 months. Wrap the cooled cake in foil or plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag or safe container.
Why is it called a pound cake?
Recipes for pound cakes can be found as early as the 1700s! These traditional recipes called for one pound each of sugar, flour, butter and eggs. The ratios have changed a little, but it is still a very simple, and delicious, recipe.
The high amount of butter in pound cakes makes them wonderfully moist and rich in flavor, and it also helps them to have a long shelf life compared to other cakes.
- Your ingredients should be at room temperature when you make the cake batter. This helps them to combine more easily so that you will have an even texture throughout the cake.
- When you poke the holes in the cake, make sure that you don’t make them all the way to the bottom of the tin.
- Let the cake cool fully before adding the glaze. If the cake is still warm it will slide off.
This strawberry pound cake is so perfectly rich and fresh. So simple to make but impressive to serve!
More Easy Cake Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.