This Roasted Peruvian Chicken recipe delivers a delicious, juicy Peruvian-style roast chicken with a spicy and utterly addictive green sauce!
Also called Pollo a la Brasa, this Whole Roasted Peruvian Chicken is bathed in olive oil, lime juice, garlic and spices, and then oven-roasted until it’s succulent with crispy skin. Now for the green sauce, colored from cilantro and jalapeño peppers…it’s so good. A mix of spicy, creamy and downright addictive!
Table of Contents
How To Make This Peruvian Chicken Recipe – Step By Step
For The Marinade
The Right Type Of Chicken To Roast
When shopping for the chicken you may come across different labels on the chicken – ‘broilers’, ‘roasters’ and ‘fryers’. For this recipe we’re using a 4lbs chicken, so grab a ‘fryer’, it’ll do perfectly!
What Is Aji Verde (The Green Sauce)?
Made with a little mayonnaise, nutty cheese, cilantro, spicy peppers, garlic, and lime, Aji Verde is comforting and packed with vibrant flavor. The secret ingredient is a pepper puree commonly used in Peruvian cooking called, Aji Amarillo Paste. You’ll want to slather this delicious sauce on everything!
What To Serve With This Peruvian Chicken Recipe
You can serve this Peruvian chicken recipe with rice, or even with fried yuca. A great idea is to pan-fry a couple of sweet plantains, which are delicious dipped in the tart green sauce! Frying plantains couldn’t be simpler too. Peel them, cut them into rounds and pan fry them over medium-high heat in a little vegetable oil until they’re soft and deep golden brown on both sides. Sprinkle them with a little kosher salt – done!
Top Tips For This Peruvian Chicken Recipe
- Keep the marinade refrigerated in airtight, glass containers until ready to use.
- Marinade the chicken for at least 8 hours in the fridge.
- When roasting the chicken breast side up, if the chicken is getting too brown, cover it with a piece of foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Don’t wrap the foil around the chicken – just set the foil on top of the chicken.
- Make sure to wash your hands after handling the chilies, avoid touching your eyes and other sensitive parts!
Check Out These Other Delicious Chicken Recipes
- Slow Cooker Honey BBQ Chicken Wings
- Chicken Alfredo Gnocchi Bake Recipe
- Chicken Tikka Masala Baked Wings Recipe
- Butter Baked Chicken and Cream Recipe (Butter Cream Chicken)
- Whole Roasted Chicken with Herbs de Provence
Have you tried this Roasted Peruvian Chicken recipe? Feel free to leave a star rating and I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!