This cucumber tomato salad recipe is so fresh and simple. It’s filled with cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and feta, and tossed in a lemon pepper olive oil dressing. It’s the perfect healthy summer salad for every occasion!
Cucumber Tomato Salad with Feta
This bright cucumber tomato salad is just perfect for spring and summer. It’s simple, healthy, and so delicious!
Gather up some cucumbers and cherry tomatoes, add some red onion and feta, toss it all in a lemon olive oil dressing, and you’ve got a great salad ready to go!
Serve this salad before dinner, along with appetizers, as a side dish, or as a quick lunch.
Why you’ll love this Easy Cucumber Tomato Salad recipe:
- QUICK AND SIMPLE: This recipe is so easy and won’t take more than a few minutes to toss together.
- FRESH INGREDIENTS: Nothing beats fresh veggies. Make this in the spring/summer while tomatoes are in season for the freshest flavor!
- HEALTHY: What could be healthier than a fresh salad filled with cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions? It’s light and packed with nutrients!
How to Make Cucumber Tomato Salad
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Chop and slice up all your ingredients.
- Combine tomato, cucumber, onion, feta, and herbs in a bowl to make the salad.
- In a separate bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
- When ready to serve, toss the salad with the dressing, and season to taste. Enjoy!
Don’t dress the salad until you’re ready to serve it. Salt draws moisture out of the veggies, so they’ll end up soggy the longer they sit. What you can do ahead of time is chop up the veggies and combine the rest of the ingredients together. Keep them in a bowl covered with plastic wrap (or an airtight container) in the fridge, and add in the dressing right before serving. Luckily, this recipe won’t take long to make either way, so it’s easy to make right when you’re ready to eat it.
I made a simple olive oil dressing for this salad. I didn’t want to mask the flavor of the cucumbers, tomatoes, and red onion. It’s a mix of oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Use Extra Virgin Olive Oil for the dressing.
I recommend using English cucumbers for this salad so you don’t need to peel them! If you use a different type of cucumber with a tough or thick skin, then go ahead and peel it first.
What should I serve it with?
This cucumber, tomato, onion, feta salad is simple enough to go with just about everything!
Here are some ideas:
- I love serving it before any dinner, but it goes especially well with salmon or pasta.
- Serve it along with soup for a healthy lunch. Try it with Broccoli Cheese Soup or Tomato Soup.
- For a round of appetizers and cocktails, serve it with bruschetta or this Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip.
- Wait to toss the salad in the dressing right before serving so that it stays fresh and crisp.
- Since this salad recipe is so simple, good quality ingredients will go a long way. Pick up some fresh tomatoes and cucumber for the most flavorful results!
- Switch out the cilantro for different herbs if you prefer, like basil or dill.
- Add in some (cooked and cooled) quinoa to make this cucumber tomato salad a little heartier!
- If you prefer, use mozzarella or halloumi instead of feta.
This salad is just so fresh, colorful, and delightful! I love how crisp the veggies are, and the lemon pepper dressing adds just the right flavor, without taking away from the natural taste.
Make this delicious cucumber, tomato, onion, feta salad recipe for a simple lunch, side, or pre-dinner salad. You can’t go wrong with something this flavorful!
More Summer Salad Recipes we Love
- Quinoa Salad
- Green Goddess Salad
- Traditional Greek Salad
- Zesty Panzanella Salad
- Cobb Salad
- Mediterranean Orzo Salad
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.