All you need to make this flavorful BBQ Chicken Pizza recipe is a few ingredients and 30 minutes! Top your pizza dough with barbecue sauce, shredded chicken, red onions, and plenty of cheese for a sweet, smokey, and tangy mix. Every bite is incredibly delicious!
What’s in this BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe?
Soft, fluffy pizza dough is layered with tangy BBQ sauce, creamy cheese, chicken, onions, and cilantro!
- Pizza Dough: You can use store-bought refrigerated pizza dough, or make your own.
- Barbecue Sauce: Choose your favorite brand, or make your own!
- Shredded Cooked Chicken: This recipe is a great use for leftover chicken. Make a big pot of my favorite crockpot BBQ chicken and use it all week!
- Cheese: I like smoked gouda because it enhances the smoky flavor of the sauce, but mozzarella also works well!
- Red Onion: Adds a bit of a bite to this pizza.
- Cilantro: Adds a pop of freshness and color. You can leave it off if you prefer.
Pro Tip: If your red onions are really strong, you can soak them in ice water for 10 minutes to mellow them out.
Variations on Barbecue Chicken Pizza
This barbecue chicken pizza is so versatile! You can use any kind of barbecue sauce, from classic to Carolina gold to Alabama white. You can swap out the chicken for some pulled pork or crumbled bacon. Or throw on some grilled pineapple for a sweet twist–sometimes pineapple on your pizza is a good idea!
Email This Recipe
Enter your email and we’ll send the recipe directly to you!
Fresh pizza dough is topped with BBQ sauce, chicken, cheese, red onions, and cilantro!
BBQ sauce has a rich and acidic flavor that pairs well with bacon, pickles, jalapeños, onions, and more! Feel free to get creative and experiment with toppings.
Yes, and it’s the easiest way to make a pizza! Simply layer on the toppings and bake until the cheese is bubbly.
How to Store and Reheat
Store leftover BBQ chicken pizza in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in a 350°F oven for 5-10 minutes, or until warmed through.
How to Freeze
Freeze individual slices of BBQ chicken pizza in Ziplock bags or tightly wrapped in plastic wrap for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
Serve this barbecue chicken pizza with classic BBQ sides, like creamy coleslaw, BBQ baked beans, and corn on the cob for a unique pizza night. Or go the classic route with garlic knots. This pizza also pairs well with honey BBQ wings!