These made from scratch garlic knots are a wonderful addition to any table. Fluffy and light and brushed with garlic butter, this is one delicious recipe!
- Homemade Garlic Knots Recipe
- Why you’ll love this Easy Garlic Knots recipe:
- How to Make Garlic Knots from Scratch
- How long do they keep?
- Can you freeze them?
- What do you serve them with?
- More Breads and Homemade Roll Recipes we Love
- Garlic Knots Recipe
- Email This Recipe
- Recommended Equipment
- Becky’s tips
- Nutrition Information
Homemade Garlic Knots Recipe
Made from scratch, you are sure to impress with these beauties!
Why you’ll love this Easy Garlic Knots recipe:
- QUICK AND EASY: These are quick to prep and cook, you just need to have a bit of patience to allow the dough to rise.
- MAKE AHEAD: These knots have a fairly good shelf life and can be made days ahead of time, perfect if you are planning to serve them as part of a big feast.
- PERFECT FOR ANY OCCASION: These are a great addition to any celebration meal, in place of your usual dinner rolls, and they work great with your favorite Italian dishes too.
Email This Recipe
Enter your email and we’ll send the recipe directly to you!
How to Make Garlic Knots from Scratch
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Activate the yeast in sugar and water.
- Stir in oil, salt, and flour.
- Turn the dough out onto a surface and knead.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover, and allow to rise.
- Cut the dough into pieces and tie into knots.
- Allow to rest.
- Once golden brown, brush with the garlic butter and allow to cool.
How long do they keep?
These garlic knots will keep well in an airtight container for up to 5 days. If you are making them ahead of time, don’t add the garlic butter, instead, brush these on before serving. If you like, you can warm the rolls before serving by placing in a warm oven for a few minutes.
Can you freeze them?
These knots freeze well, but again, if you plan on doing this, don’t add the garlic butter. They will keep frozen well for up to 3 months and can be thawed at room temperature before serving.
What do you serve them with?
These make a great addition to any holiday table, or enjoy them dipped into some marinara sauce for a tasty appetizer. Serve them up with all of these holiday faves:
- Knead the dough for at least 10 minutes. It should be tacky but not sticky.
- Allow two hours for the dough to rise.
- If making ahead of time, don’t add the garlic butter til you are ready to serve.
These easy garlic knots are such a delicious addition to any table. Full of flavor and made from scratch, they are perfectly light and fluffy.
More Breads and Homemade Roll Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.