Get ready for the most delicious game day feast with this awesome chili cheese fries recipe! French fries are topped with the most delicious homemade beef chili and loaded with cheese, sour cream and green onions. This is one crowd pleasing appetizer!
Best Chili Cheese Fries
Simple to make, these loaded fries are perfect for a giant feast! The beef chili has just the right amount of spice and it is seriously addictive.
Load them up and dig in!
Why You’ll Love this Chili Fries Recipe:
- Easy: This is a super simple recipe that packs a punch in the flavor department. The chili takes a little while to cook, but the process is hands off.
- Make Ahead: Make the chili days ahead of time so you can serve these up in a few minutes.
- Crowd Pleaser: This is a great recipe for kids and adults alike. This recipe makes enough for 8 servings, so no one will be left hungry!
If you are hosting a game day this season, then this loaded chili cheese fries are a real winner! Cook up a batch and keep everyone happy!
How to Make Chili Cheese Fries
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Brown the beef with the onion, jalapeno and garlic.
- Add the rest of the chili ingredients and simmer til thick.
- Cook the French fries.
- Place the fries on a serving plate, top with the chili and all of your favorite toppings.
Absolutely! Instead of ground beef, use ground turkey or chicken, or a combination of your favorite ground meat.
While assembled chili fries are best enjoyed fresh, you can make the chili in advance. Prepare the chili through step 4 and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Reheat on the stove when ready to serve – if the chili has thickened too much, add a little water to thin it out.
For a vegetarian option, omit the ground beef, use vegetable broth, and add another 15 ounces (1 can) of your favorite beans. You could also use plant-based ground ‘meat’, like Beyond Meat.
These chili cheese fries are a super large and filling dish, but if you are serving them up as part of a larger feast, they are great alongside these other favorite apps:
- Fried Buffalo Wings
- Ranch Fried Pickles
- Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots
- Copycat Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
However you serve up these loaded fries, they are guaranteed to be a huge hit!
- This chili recipe is fairly mild, if you prefer it spicier feel free to add in a little cayenne.
- The chili recipe makes for a great freezer meal, it will keep well for up to 6 months and is great to have on hand for weeknight meals.
- I love kidney beans in my chili, but black beans work great too!
Be warned, these chili cheese fries are seriously addictive!
Can I use any chili recipe for these fries?
Definitely. This is a great way to use up leftover chili or make your favorite to serve on top of fries.
What other toppings go well with chili cheese fries?
I love to top the chili with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and chopped green onions. You can add some sliced jalapenos for a spicy kick, or some crumbled bacon bits!
Is this chili spicy?
This is a mild but flavorful chili recipe. If you are particularly sensitive to heat you can omit the jalapeno.
More Game Day Recipes We Love
Be the hostess with the mostest this game day with this delicious chili cheese fries recipe. Full of flavor this one one tasty bite!
More Easy Appetizer Recipes to Try:
- Air Fryer Jalapeño Poppers
- Cheese Fries
- Loaded Deviled Eggs
- Antipasto Skewers
- Crock Pot Kielbasa Sausage Bites
- Fries with Steak
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.