Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots are a must make appetizer for any celebration. You should make a triple batch of these SWEET & SPICY BACON WRAPPED TATER TOTS because they’re always gone in seconds! Spices and and a little sweetness make this easy bacon wrapped appetizer a favorite for the holidays and tailgating. Tater Tots have never been better. SO ADDICTING!
Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots
These Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots will be your new favorite way to eat Tater Tots!
A few years ago I posted our favorite bacon wrapped appetizers, Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts. Those pictures are HORRENDOUS (hello 2012) but the recipe is so so so good (I should rephotograph them). They’re always a favorite and gone before we know it. I love the crunch, the flavor, and the ease.
These Sweet and Spicy Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots are similar, but I feel like they’re a big upgrade. Not only are these bacon tater tots just as easy to make, but they have a soft yet crispy potato center, just the right amount of sweet and spicy, and of course lots of bacon. They’re pop-able, bite sized, and so fun. (Is it okay if I eat 10-20 myself?) Like I said, you better make a triple batch!
These Sweet and Spicy Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots are one of the tastiest appetizers yet! If you like Tater Tots, these will take it to a whole new level.
Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots are the Best, Easy Appetizer for Game Day
This Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots Recipe is one of those easy appetizers that you can prep really quick, bake, and eat within minutes. It’s great to take to a party on a baking sheet and cook there, so its nice and hot for your friends and family. You can dip these bacon tater tots in any of your favorite sauces, or eat them on their own. We love them for family parties throughout the year, but especially for Christmas, New Years Eve, and of course THE SUPER BOWL.
I’m stocking up on all the great appetizers for the big game for the ultimate party. We have you covered with Guacamole Egg Rolls, Baked Provolone, Pepper Jelly Hogs in a Blanket, Bacon Ranch Fries, and more. You’re in the right place if you’re looking for any and every starter!
How to Make Tater Tots
Tater tots are one of those foods that everyone should know how to make. They’re a tasty alternative to typical french fries, they’re absolutely delicious, and they go with just about everything. Tater tots work as a side dish, a quick snack, or (in this case) a fun bacon wrapped appetizer.
If you just want plain old regular tater tots (I mean, those are super tasty), just buy a bag of them and throw them in the oven. No need to make it too complicated, right?
Now, if you want to learn how to make these Sweet & Spicy Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots, I can help you there. All you need for this tater tots recipe is a bag of tater tots (duh), bacon, dark brown sugar, and cayenne pepper. To make this appetizer, just follow the instruction in the recipe card at the bottom of this post. I promise it’s easy!
Now get to cooking these bacon wrapped tater tots! Christmas is only a couple of days away and we need all the best appetizers for the big day. This tater tot recipe is definitely a keeper.
See the recipe card below for full details on How to Make Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots. Enjoy!
If you liked these bacon tater tots, try these other savory bacon recipes:
- Chicken Couscous Recipe with Bacon & Corn
- Cheesy Bacon Gnocchi Bake
- Arancini Balls with Bacon, Cheese, and Broccoli
- Bacon Cheese Fries with Ranch
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Chicken Tenders
Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots are a must make appetizer for any celebration. You should make a triple batch of these SWEET & SPICY BACON WRAPPED TATER TOTS because they're always gone in seconds! Spices and and a little sweetness make this easy bacon wrapped appetizer a favorite for the holidays and tailgating. Tater Tots have never been better. SO ADDICTING!
- 24 frozen tater tots room temperature
- 6 slices bacon
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and the cayenne pepper.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar/cayenne pepper mix on top of the bacon and rub the mixture into the bacon.
- Cut each slice of bacon into 4 equal pieces.
- Wrap the bacon around the tot and secure with a toothpick.
- Place the tot seam-side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat the process with all tater tots.
- Bake the tots at 400°F for 20-25 minutes and flip halfway through cooking.
- Cool, to touch, and serve.
- Note – If making the tots the day ahead, allow them to cool, after cooking, to room temperature and refrigerate in an airtight container overnight. When ready to serve, reheat the tots in a preheated 350°F oven for 10 minutes or until hot.