Make a batch of homemade tater tots quickly and easily with the help of your air fryer. Perfectly crispy, they are sure to become a family favorite!
Air Fried Tater Tots Recipe
Whether you serve them as a side dish or an appetizer, tater tots are always a good idea!
These homemade tots are super quick and easy to make and so perfectly crispy. Serve them with your favorite dips for one delicious bite.
Be sure to try my scalloped potatoes and loaded potato skins too!
Why you’ll love this Healthy Tater Tots recipe:
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: You only need some frozen hash browns and basic seasonings.
- KID FRIENDLY: Kids of all ages love these tater tots, they’ve been a big hit in our house!
- HEALTHIER: Get that deep fried flavor and texture without the need for all of the oil thanks to the air fryer.
How to make Air Fryer Tater Tots
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Pulse the hash browns in a food processor.
- Mix them with the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Shape into tots.
- Place in the air fryer basket, spay with cooking oil and cook.
Can you make them ahead of time?
These tater tots are best served straight out of the air fryer, but any leftovers will keep well for up to 5 days.
You can reheat the tots in the air fryer for 3 minutes at 400F and they will get nice and crispy again.
Can you oven bake them?
The air fryer is far and away the best method to cook these tater tots. They come out so perfectly!
You can bake them on a baking sheet at 400F in the oven for around 30 minutes until golden brown and you can pan fry them too.
What do you serve them with?
These tater tots are great served with your favorite dips as an appetizer or as a side dish with your favorite mains.
Try them with:
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- Pepper Jelly Chicken Wings
- One Pot Chili Mac
- Honey Garlic Salmon and Asparagus
- If your hash browns aren’t fully thawed, they won’t stick together. If that happens, add a beaten egg to the mixture and they’ll come together perfectly.
- Don’t over crowd the air fryer basket, they should be in a single layer to allow them to crisp up.
- Flip the tater tots halfway through cooking to make sure they brown evenly all over.
These air fryer tater tots are all kinds of delicious, I just know that they will be a hit with the whole family!
More Air Fryer Recipes we Love
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Ham
- Air Fryer Hamburgers
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.