Crispy and tender, these air fryer chicken nuggets are quite simply the best! Coated in seasoned breadcrumbs and so quick and easy to make, they are the perfect appetizer!
Crispy Breaded Chicken Nuggets
Simple and easy to make, these nuggets are perfectly tender with the most delicious crispy coating.
Grab your air fryer and get to it!
Why you’ll love this Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets recipe:
How to make Air Fried Chicken Nuggets
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Brush the air fryer basket with oil.
- Mix half the flour, milk and seasonings in one bowl, the rest of the flour in another bowl and the breadcrumbs in a third.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the flour, milk then breadcrumbs.
- Place in the air fryer basket and cook, flipping halfway.
What’s the best chicken to use?
Hands down, chicken breast is the best cut to use for these nuggets. They stay perfectly juicy and tender. Thighs will take longer to cook, so you run the risk of undercooked chicken or a burnt coating.
If you have them, chicken tenders will also work well for this recipe.
Can you make them ahead of time?
These chicken nuggets are best served as soon as they are made, but you can bread them a few hours ahead of time and keep them covered in the fridge.
Any leftovers will keep well for up to 4 days and can be reheated in the air fryer at 350F for 3 minutes until warmed through.
What do you serve them with?
These air fryer chicken nuggets are great to serve as an appetizer with your favorite dips, or as a main with your favorite veggie and potato sides. Try them with:
- I also tried panko crumbs, and they worked too! They have a different texture, and I liked the breadcrumb texture better.
- You can also add hot sauce or chili powder to the milk and seasonings mixture if you want a spicier chicken nugget.
- If in a hurry, and you aren’t concerned with how “Pretty” the nuggets look, you can pour the flour over the chicken pieces in a larger bowl and toss until they are covered. It saves a step, but I wanted to make sure all of my pieces were evenly covered.
Chicken nuggets are always a hit and these air fryer ones are total perfection! So quick and easy to make and a total crowd pleaser!
More Air Fryer Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!