This made from scratch cranberry orange biscotti is perfect to enjoy throughout the holidays. Crunchy, sweet and tangy, it’s the perfect festive sweet treat.
Cranberry Orange Biscotti Recipe
Cranberry and orange are two of my favorite flavors of Christmas and biscotti has to be one of my favorite sweet treats. So this is….perfect!
Crisp homemade biscotti is flavored with sweet, tangy and zesty orange and cranberries and is a great treat for breakfast, or enjoy with a cup of hot coffee.
Be sure to try my Riscotti Cookies too!
Why you’ll love this Classic Biscotti recipe:
- MAKE AHEAD: These baked biscuits have a great shelf life, so be sure to make a big batch!
- PERFECT FOR GIFTING: This make for great food gifts for family and friends to enjoy throughout the holidays.
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: You just need a few basic baking ingredients to make this beauties.
How to make Cranberry Orange Biscotti from Scratch
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the orange zest and cranberries.
- Place the dough on a baking sheet, flatten with your hands and bake til golden brown.
- Allow it to cool slightly and cut into slices.
- Bake again until the biscotti is dry.
All the Holiday Cookies
25+ Favorite Christmas Cookies
Baking and Christmas go hand in hand. See our guide for our fave recipes + tips and tricks for perfect cookies.
How long does it keep?
Once your biscotti has cooled to room temperature, place it in an air tight container and it will keep well at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. This long shelf life means that it’s ideal for gift giving.
Can you make the dough ahead of time?
The biscotti dough will keep well covered in the fridge for up to a week before baking. It can also be frozen, just wrap it securely and let it thaw in the fridge overnight before baking it.
Can you make other flavors?
This cranberry and orange biscotti is perfect for the holiday season, but you can easily adapt the flavors. Lemon and blueberry or lime and strawberries are two great combinations. Get creative!
- Don’t over mix the batter when you add the flour as this can over develop the gluten and your biscotti will become very dense.
- The dough is very sticky. I find wetting your hands helps a lot when patting down the dough in the prepared baking pan.
- Allow the biscotti to cool completely before storing.
Pair it with Coffee
This cranberry orange biscotti tastes just like Christmas! Simple to make, it’s a great option to gift to your friends and family during the holidays – they’ll thank you for it!
More Cookie Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!