This 30 minute Doritos casserole is a perfect weeknight family meal. Simple to make and loaded with Mexican flavors, even your picky eaters will love this!
Layered Dorito Casserole Recipe
If you are looking to mix up your weekly meals, I’ve got you covered with this yummy beef casserole.
Topped with doritos, it’s full of flavor and texture, and your kids will love that they get to eat chips for dinner!
The beef is seasoned with all of your favorite Mexican ingredients, and that crunch is so good!
Be sure to check out my homemade doritos recipe!
Why you’ll love this Doritos Casserole recipe:
- QUICK AND EASY: Ready to serve in 30 minutes, this is a great option for a delicious dinner after a busy day.
- MAKE AHEAD: This is a great make ahead dinner and the leftovers are delicious!
- KID FRIENDLY: This casserole has become so popular in our home! It’s often asked for and the plates are always clean!
How to make Doritos Casserole
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Cook the ground beef with the onion and garlic.
- Stir in the seasonings.
- Mix in the milk, tomatoes, chilies, hot sauce and beef bouillon.
- Pace half of the mix into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle chips on top, then the cheese.
- Repeat the layer.
How long does it keep?
If you have any leftovers (we never do!), they will keep well, covered in the fridge for up to 4 days. It can be reheated in the oven, covered with foil at 350F for 20 minutes until warmed through.
The leftovers taste so good as all of those flavors develop and meld together.
Can you freeze it?
You can freeze this Dorito casserole before or after baking for up to 6 months.
You can reheat or cook it right from frozen at 350F. If frozen and unbaked, it will take around 1hour 15 to heat all the way through. Alternatively you can thaw it in the fridge overnight before reheating.
What do you serve it with?
I love to serve this with some cilantro chopped lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sour cream and salsa.
Serve it with your favorite veggie sides like steamed broccoli or green beans for a well balanced meal.
- I prefer to use lean ground beef for this recipe, but any will work well. Drain the excess grease out of the pan before adding seasonings.
- Most shredded cheese will work well in this recipe, I use a Mexican blend but cheddar or mozzarella will work well.
- Bake the Dorito casserole in a fully pre heated oven so that it cooks through evenly.
This Doritos casserole is so good y’all! It’s such an effortless weeknight meal, and the leftovers are super yummy!
More Casserole Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!