Chicken Pot Pie Casserole is such an easy way to make Chicken Pot Pie. This crazy good Chicken Pot Pie recipe is the ultimate easy comfort food! This EASY Chicken Pot Pie Recipe is loaded with carrots, peas, chicken, and topped with flakey pie crust. OBSESSED is an understatement!
Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
Chicken Pot Pie Casserole is the ultimate comfort food for a chilly night. Chicken Casserole + Pot Pie equals one DELICIOUS recipe!
Chicken Pot Pie Casserole might just be my new favorite casserole. That’s saying something because we LOVE casseroles around here. Some of my favorites have been our Broccoli Rice Casserole, Reuben Casserole (fun, right?), and Stuffed Pepper Casserole. I just can’t get enough of this brand of easy comfort food. All the flavor and absolutely none of the fuss. I recently made Chicken Pot Pie Soup and remembered just how much I love the flavors of a Chicken Pot Pie.
This Easy Chicken Casserole Pot Pie Recipe has quickly become one of my go-to recipes on the site, and for good reason.
This Easy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe is loaded with the tastiest sauce, chunky chicken, peas, carrots, and more, and topped with a beautiful lattice pie crust. Homey, delicious, fun, and SO COMFORTING. Don’t you want to just dive in?! Even though the pie crust isn’t made from scratch, people are going to be super impressed with this recipe.
All the flavors of classic Chicken Pot Pie in this tasty Chicken Casserole recipe!
EASY Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
This Chicken Pot Pie Casserole is just perfect for those busy nights where you’re not sure what to cook but you know you’re in need of something special.
The lattice top is so pretty, but if you’re in a real rush, you can just lay the crust on top, poke some holes, and let it do its thing. The easy Chicken Pot Pie recipe will still look delicious and taste exactly the same. No need to get fancy when dinner awaits! I like to make Chicken Pot Pies as EASY as possible if you couldn’t tell. I want to get right to the eating and not have to slave away in the kitchen.
Chicken Pot Pie + Chicken Casserole
If this Chicken Pot Pie Casserole isn’t the ultimate comfort food, I don’t know what is.
Once you taste this easy Chicken Pot Pie recipe, I know you’ll be as hooked as we are! Casseroles don’t only have to be eaten at grandma’s house, they can be a hit for any family! All the warmth, flavor, and ease that make a truly great meal, all in one place. My kind of recipe!
FREE CHICKEN EBOOK
The Cookie Rookie is practically famous for amazing Chicken Recipes, mostly due to this Chicken Pot Pie Casserole. We have so many other chicken favorites that I hope you check out, and even have a FREE EBOOK for subscribers (click to find out more). I’m here for all your easy chicken recipes needs!
Is Chicken Pot Pie Casserole good for you?
I wouldn’t call this easy chicken pot pie recipe healthy per se…it has heavy cream, wine, butter as well as the pie crust…BUT each serving is under 500 calories so that’s a win in my book! Everything in moderation. There are healthy tweaks you can make to this recipe to get the calories down even more.
Why is it called Pot Pie?
The origins of this recipe can be found in Greece. They placed meat in pots to serve. It was the Romans that added the top layer of crust, creating the “pie”.
What are some of your other favorite easy chicken recipes?
SO MANY! Chicken is my favorite. If you like this easy chicken pot pie recipe, you’ll love these other favorites too:
- Creamy Chicken Soup
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken
- Caesar Chicken
- Chicken Chili with Cream Cheese
- Oven Fried Chicken Breast
If those aren’t your fancy, one of our favorite Chicken Breast Recipes is sure to please!
See the recipe card below or watch the video for details on How to Make Chicken Pot Pie Casserole. Enjoy!
Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 2 celery ribs diced
- 1 sweet yellow onion peeled and minced
- 2 cloves pressed or minced garlic
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken meat cubed
- 4 ounces button mushrooms cleaned & diced
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken stock or broth low sodium or unsalted
- ¼ cup white wine semi-dry or Chardonnay
- 1 cup heavy cream or half ‘n half
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon ground sweet basil
- 1 pie crust store bought or homemade
- 1 egg beaten slightly with 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Allow piecrust to warm at room temperature,15-20 minutes, before rolling out.
- Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat butter and oil over medium-high heat until it shimmers.
- Add diced carrots and celery and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add minced onions and cook until onion is translucent.
- Add minced garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add cubed, cooked chicken and diced mushrooms and cook 1 minute.
- Sprinkle vegetables and chicken with the flour and cook 3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Stir in chicken stock and scrape the bottom of the pan to deglaze the pan.
- Pour in the white wine and cream. Stir well.
- Season-to-taste with salt and add the pepper, thyme and basil. Stir well and continue to cook until thickened to a thick-stew consistency.
- Pour chicken stew mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- Roll the piecrust to ¼ inch thickness and into 1-inch strips to create a lattice top. Or, drape it over the chicken stew mixture, and trim or crimp in the sides. Combine egg and water and brush the pastry with the egg mixture.
- Bake, at 375 degrees F, on the center rack of the oven, 35-45 minutes, or until top is golden.