These gluten free buttermilk biscuits are melt in your mouth good! Perfect to enjoy with gravy or topped with butter and honey, or serve as a side with your favorite chili.
Gluten Free Biscuit Recipe
If you or anyone in your family has a gluten-intolerance, you just have to try these buttermilk biscuits!
Made from scratch, these gluten-free biscuits are easy to make with a few simple ingredients and they taste so good! I promise you, you won’t miss the gluten!
Why you’ll love these Gluten Free Biscuits:
- 5 ingredients: Yep, that’s right, you only need 5 ingredients and a little salt to make a batch of these delicious biscuits.
- Easy: It’s super easy to make a batch of these biscuits. It’s a great recipe to get your kids to help with!
- Perfect for the holidays: These biscuits work super well with your Thanksgiving turkey and lashings of gluten-free gravy!
How to make gluten-free biscuits
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Mix together the dry ingredients.
- Cut in the butter to make crumbs and mix in the buttermilk to form a dough.
- Knead the dough and roll it out.
- Fold the dough on itself and roll out, repeat to form layers.
- Cut out the biscuits.
- Bake until browned.
Try ALL the Sides
60+ Holiday Side Dishes
This Thanksgiving we hope you enjoy as many sides as possible with this Roast Turkey Breast!
Can you make them ahead of time?
These biscuits are at their best served warm, straight out of the oven. Once cooled, you can transfer them to an airtight container and will keep fresh for 2 days.
In the fridge they will keep well for 5 days. Reheat the biscuits gently in the oven to serve.
Can you freeze gluten free biscuits?
If you can’t get through your batch of gluten-free biscuits, freezing is a great option. Wrap the cooled biscuits individually in plastic wrap or foil and place in a freezer bag.
The biscuits will keep well for 3 months and can be thawed at room temperature.
I love to enjoy these on their own with butter and a drizzle of honey, but you can easily serve these as a side with some of your favorite dishes:
- If you are not gluten intolerant, you can make these biscuits with all-purpose flour.
- The butter should be cold before you add it to the other ingredients, as should the buttermilk.
- Bake the biscuits in a fully pre-heated oven.
More Bread + Rolls
These Gluten Free Biscuits are just one of our favorite ways to bake a delicious bread side dish. Try them all!
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!