This roast turkey breast recipe is perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas and other special occasions. This oven roasted turkey breast is basted in garlic butter for a real flavor explosion! This garlic turkey breast is simple to prep and it’s a real show stopper. The skin is perfectly crispy and the meat is so succulent and flavorful!
Garlic Butter Roasted Turkey Breast Recipe
Roast turkey breast is the perfect option for easy Thanksgiving meals, and it works just as well for any holiday or special occasion!
Have you got your holiday menus planned yet? If not, may I suggest this rather delicious and gorgeous looking roast turkey breast recipe? The flavor of this garlic butter turkey are just amazing, you’re going to love it!
This oven roasted turkey breast is so easy to make, and it’s filled with the flavor of garlic (40 cloves of garlic!) and lots of herbs. It’s a nice juicy and savory turkey that looks beautiful on any Thanksgiving or Christmas table.
Making turkey breast for the holidays leaves you with flavorful white meat that serves the whole family, without the hassle of making a huge turkey that you don’t need!
All the Tips and Tricks
How to Cook Thanksgiving Turkey!
EVERYTHING you need to know for Thanksgiving entertaining.
How to Roast Turkey Breast with Garlic
Roasting turkey breast is a simple way to make juicy turkey for Thanksgiving, or any meal. The garlic butter rub on this turkey adds so much flavor!
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Prep: Preheat oven to 325°F, line a large roasting pan with foil, spray both sides of a wire rack with nonstick cooking spray, and place the wire rack over the pan.
- Pat the turkey breast dry and set it on the wire rack.
- Mince 20 cloves of garlic and cut the other 2 heads of garlic in half.
- Garlic Butter: combine ingredients to make the garlic butter rub, then use your fingers to loosen the skin from the breast meat.
- Smear 1/3rd of the garlic butter underneath the skin and directly over the meat on each side of the breasts. Use the remaining 1/3rd garlic butter to coat the outer skin of the breasts.
- Before Roasting: Use 2-3 toothpicks on each half of the breasts to secure the skin to the breasts. Pour wine and water into the bottom of the roasting pan, and set the garlic halves in the roasting pan.
- Roast: Roast the turkey at 325°F for 1½ -2 hours or until the internal temperature registers 162°F. If the skin is darkening too quickly, tent the turkey with aluminum foil.
- Rest: Remove the turkey from the oven and tent snugly with foil for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve: Serve the turkey along with the pan juices.
Garlic Butter Turkey Rub for Baked Turkey Breast
The garlic butter rub is what makes this roast turkey breast so flavorful! It helps to keep it moist and juicy while cooking, while also adding that amazing garlic flavor.
We’re talking LOTS of garlic in this recipe, and I’m obsessed. It’s the perfect savory turkey breast recipe for a crowd, and so EASY.
Garlic Butter Turkey Rub Ingredients:
- Minced garlic
- Dijon mustard
- Salt & Pepper
- Lemon Juice
- Lemon Zest
What’s the best turkey breast to use for this recipe?
- Use a whole turkey breast for this recipe.
- Choose a turkey that is about 5-7 pounds for optimal cooking time.
- You can use bone-in or boneless turkey breast.
- Don’t use a brined turkey breast (no Butterball style).
How long does it take to cook a 7 pound turkey breast?
Roasting a 5-7 pound turkey breast at 325°F will take about 1 1/2-2 hours (typically on the longer side for a 7 pound turkey vs. a 5 pound turkey).
We have written an entire guide about how to cook turkey breast for Thanksgiving! All the EASY tips and tricks to make the big day a breeze.
What temperature should this be?
Turkey should reach 162°F while roasting. Be sure to use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature to make sure it’s fully cooked. Insert the thermometer at the meatiest part of the breast.
The Best meat thermometer!
I love using this meat thermometer for making sure the meat is at 165 degrees! Easy for beginners & totally worth the $10 cost!
How many people will this turkey breast recipe serve?
A 5-7 pound whole turkey breast will easily feed up to 8 people, so it’s still a huge feast but with a little less effort! The meat is so perfectly succulent and flavorful, every one will be asking for seconds!
It’s not Thanksgiving without Pie!
88+ Thanksgiving Dessert Ideas
Every Thanksgiving table needs an equally amazing dessert table.
Serve this delicious oven roasted turkey breast next to all of your favorite holiday side dishes. If you need a little inspiration be sure to check out these recipes!
Pair this turkey breast recipe with:
- This Cauliflower au Gratin is cheesy and delicious!
- These Cacio e Pepe Roasted Potatoes complement the garlic so well.
- Creamy Garlic Mushrooms are perfect for this garlic butter turkey.
- These Honey Glazed Carrots with Ginger are simple but tasty, or try Sauteed Carrots with Scallions.
- Smother it in this easy (make ahead) Turkey Gravy!
Why roast a turkey breast rather than a whole turkey?
Turkey breast is a great alternative to cooking a whole bird for Thanksgiving or Christmas. It’s perfect if you have less guests and don’t want to be eating leftover turkey for days!
When roasting, the process is much more hands off, no basting or flipping required, meaning you can get on with preparing those all important side dishes! It also cooks much quicker.
- The turkey is cooked when the internal temperature registers 162°F-163°F on an instant-read thermometer when inserted into the meatiest part of the breast.
- If frozen, let the turkey thaw properly before cooking.
- If the skin is darkening too quickly during cooking, tent the turkey with aluminum foil.
- Be sure to let the turkey breast rest for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
- Use a 5-7 pound, un-brined turkey breast.
- Watch the video to see the step by step recipe!
Try ALL the Sides
60+ Holiday Side Dishes
This Thanksgiving we hope you enjoy as many sides as possible with this Roast Turkey Breast!
I just know you and your family will love this Garlic Butter Roast Turkey Breast. It’s so flavorful, and just perfect for the holidays.
It’s so full of flavor, so much easier than baking an entire turkey, and so juicy and bursting with flavor. We are really proud of this baked turkey and hope you love it as much as we do!
More Turkey Recipe Ideas
If this garlic baked turkey isn’t the right turkey breast recipe for you, don’t worry! We’ve got plenty more to choose from. See some of our favorites below.
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!