This Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe is super soft, moist, chewy, and delicious! Yes, you can make soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies without gluten, and boy are they good. Plus we added a special ingredient (it’s cornstarch) to make them extra chewy.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
This gluten free chocolate chip cookies recipe is SO good, you won’t miss that pesky gluten. Bake the ultimate soft chocolate chip cookies with gluten-free flour and cornstarch!
I’m a bit of a cookie fiend. They’re the perfect dessert. Baking isn’t my favorite thing to do, but for freshly baked cookies, I’ll do it! Especially when they’re delectably soft chocolate chip cookies like these. YUM!
Even better, these are GLUTEN FREE Chocolate Chip Cookies. Yup, you can make soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies without gluten, and they turn out amazing. The texture, the flavor, everything is just perfect! Gluten-free flour and cornstarch are my little secret ingredients to make the best chocolate chip cookies ever. I’d say don’t tell anyone, but…well, I want everyone to experience soft and chewy cookies like this!
This gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe will blow your mind, and you’ll never want to go back to the old ways. Cornstarch in your cookies, you guys. I’m telling you, that’s the way to go!
You’re about to fall in love with these super soft and chewy Gluten Free chocolate chip cookies!
Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Everyone loves soft chocolate chip cookies. The whole point of baking them fresh at home is to get that super soft, fresh-baked texture, right? That texture is so perfect when the cookies are still warm from the oven and the chocolate chips are all melty. I just love the way everything bakes together, so when you take that first bite, YUM!
So what makes these gluten free chocolate chip cookies extra soft and chewy? Well, let me tell you…
What does adding cornstarch do to cookies?
Let’s talk about that special ingredient in these gluten free chocolate chip cookies: cornstarch! What exactly does cornstarch do, and why are we using it to makes cookies?
Cornstarch is generally used in recipes to help thicken things up (like in gravies or soups). It does the same thing when used in cookies! Chocolate chip cookies with cornstarch are going to be a bit thicker, which in turn makes them extra chewy. And while the outside gets nice and crispy, the inside will stay super soft.
So really, if you want the ultimate soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies, you should definitely add some cornstarch along with flour. Another bonus: cornstarch in gluten-free, so it seems like a no-brainer to use it in these gluten-free cookies!
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
I’m so lucky to be working with Bob’s Red Mill, who just happens to have my ALL TIME FAVORITE Gluten Free Flour. Their Gluten Free 1:1 Baking Flour is absolute perfection when wanting to bake gluten free desserts. No testing or math or extra measuring. It works 1:1 in all of your baking, which is so awesome for someone like me who’s still learning when it comes to baking.
Is Corn Starch Gluten Free
Before some research, I didn’t realize that Corn Starch is also gluten free! YES! Even though it looks like white flour, it’s absolutely GF. As we said earlier, Corn Starch can help to make your cookies extra soft and chewy, so I love adding a bit to baking.
Lucky for us, Bob’s Red Mill also makes amazing corn starch! I’m obsessed with their resealable bags, amazing quality, and wide range of products. Thanks Bob’s!
Try these other easy gluten free desserts!
- Best Gluten Free Brownie Recipe
- Gluten Free Lemon Bars
- Gluten Free Churros with Chocolate Sauce
- Best Gluten Free Spritz Cookies
How to Make Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
These gluten-free cookies are just as easy to make as any simple chocolate chip cookie recipe. The only difference is that we’re using gluten-free flour for cookies instead of regular all-purpose flour. Plus we’re adding in the cornstarch for the extra soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies we all truly want.
A few tips for baking the perfect soft chocolate chip cookies:
- Adding cornstarch thickens the dough, so that they expand as they bake. As they cool, the outside will solidify and become just a little bit crispy, while keeping them extra soft in the middle.
- As always, be careful not to over bake the cookies. This will make them the wrong kind of chewy. It’s better to take them out slightly on the gooey side, because they will crisp up as they cool. You want them to turn just slightly golden brown in the oven.
- The cornstarch will also keep the cookies from spreading out too thin, which is something that often happens with gluten free chocolate chip cookies. If you run into that issue, it most likely means you didn’t use enough flour. But no need to worry about that with this recipe!
- Chilling cookie dough before baking it is another way to keep cookies from spreading out too thin. It can also change the texture of the cookies, and some people prefer to always do this when making cookies, but I don’t think it’s necessary. I prefer to bake my cookies as soon as possible!
How to Store Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
Once you bake soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies, the real trick is to keep them soft and chewy until you’re done eating them. The great thing about this gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe is that they will stay soft pretty easily, as long you store them properly.
You can store the cookies in an airtight container or resealable bag at room temperature, and they should stay soft for a few days (assuming you don’t eat them all before then). A classic trick for storing baked goods is placing a slice of bread into the bag/container with them. The cookies will absorb moisture from the bread over time, so the bread will end up stale, but the cookies will stay soft.
You can also freeze chocolate chip cookies after baking them if you want to store them for a longer period, but who really wants to freeze them when you could eat them instead?
If you’re not convinced that this gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe is the BEST in the world, just wait until your try them. Grab a big glass of milk, bake these soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies, and get ready to have your life changed.
See the recipe card for details on how to make Soft and Chewy Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies. Enjoy!
If you like these soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies, you’ll love our other favorite cookie recipes too:
- Applesauce Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Salted Caramel Soft Batch Cookies
- S’mores Cookies Recipe
- Gluten Free Chocolate Spritz Cookies
- Best Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Edible Chocolate Chip Cooke Dough
- Edible Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
- Loaded Chocolate Chip Giant Cookies