Quick and easy to make and cook, these grilled teriyaki chicken breasts are one delicious dish. Marinated in a seasoned soy sauce before being grilled to perfection, there’s nothing shy about the flavors in this recipe!
Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
Teriyaki is one of my favorite takeout flavors, but here’s a secret, it’s so easy to make this Japanese sauce at home!
This teriyaki grilled chicken is marinated in the rich sauce before being grilled. It’s so simple and effortless to make and it’s perfect for an easy weeknight dinner.
Be sure to try my Crockpot Teriyaki Meatballs and Teriyaki Chicken Sub Sandwich too!
Why you’ll love this Teriyaki Glazed Grilled Chicken recipe:
- QUICK AND EASY: This recipe takes minutes to prep and is quick to cook on the grill.
- HEALTHY: Chicken breast is a great source of protein and it’s lower in saturated fats compared to other meats. There’s also no oil used in this recipe.
- DELICIOUS: This is such a great homemade alternative to takeout, the soy sauce is full of salty umami flavors with a touch of sweetness from honey.
How to make Teriyaki Chicken on the Grill
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Whisk together the ingredients for the marinade.
- Season the chicken and place in the marinade until ready to cook.
- Add the chicken to a pre heated grill. Cook on both sides til cooked through.
Can you make it with chicken thighs?
I love this recipe with chicken breasts, but you can make it with thighs if you prefer. Just be aware that they will require a few minutes longer on the grill to cook through.
How long do you marinate it for?
Because there is very little acid in this marinade, you can leave the chicken in it for up to 24 hours. I find that within 30 minutes it has a really nice flavor.
You can also freeze the chicken breasts in the marinade if you want to meal prep, then just thaw them overnight before cooking.
What do you serve it with?
These grilled teriyaki chicken breasts are great served on a bed or rice, and I love to sprinkle them with some sesame seeds and sliced green onions to. Serve them up with some simple steamed broccoli or asparagus for a whole meal.
Side Dish Suggestions:
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
72+ Chicken Dinner Recipes
See our Chicken Guide for all the best chicken recipes plus tips and tricks for juicy chicken every time.
- If you don’t have fresh ginger, dried ground ginger works too. Use 1 teaspoon.
- If you marinate the chicken in a ziplock bag, once it’s sealed, move the contents around a bit to get good coverage. Turn the bag over every so often as the marinade sinks to the bottom.
- If you marinate for longer than 30 minutes, make sure the meat is in the refrigerator.
- Arrowroot powder can be substituted for cornstarch as a healthier option.
These grilled teriyaki chicken breasts are one tasty meal. Perfect for a quick meal after a busy day, but easily fancy enough to serve to guests at a cook out!
More Grilled Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.