This delicious Honey Mustard Pork Tenderloin is a wonderful main meal perfect for holidays and family meals. With just 15 minutes prep, the roasted pork is cooked with potatoes for an easy yet impressive feast.
Pork tenderloin is one of my favorite cuts of meat and this recipe makes an ideal centerpiece for your Christmas dinner. Smothered in a sweet and tangy honey and mustard sauce, I promise everyone will be asking for seconds!
Table of Contents
Why you’ll love this Honey Mustard Pork Tenderloin
- The pork and potatoes are cooked on the same sheet pan making clean up a breeze!
- The honey mustard sauce is the perfect compliment for the roasted pork and helps to bring out the natural sweetness of the meat.
- The leftovers (if you have any!) are amazing, and perfect to add to sandwiches the next day.
How to make Honey Mustard Pork Tenderloin
Be sure to scroll down for the full recipe!
- Prep – preheat the oven and line a baking sheet with foil. Place the sheet pan in the oven to heat.
- Make and cook the potatoes – cut the potatoes in half and toss with oil, salt and pepper. Place the potatoes on the sheet pan and roast.
- Prep the pork – season the pork and rub over the honey mustard sauce.
- Cook – place the pork on the sheet pan with the potatoes and roast until cooked through.
- Serve – Let the pork rest before slicing and serving.
How do you keep the pork from drying out?
The trick to perfectly juicy pork is to not overcook it. When you slice into it, it should be slightly pink inside. The best way to make sure your pork is perfectly cooked is to use an instant read thermometer which should register at 140 – 145F.
It’s also important to let the pork rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing it. This helps the juices to redistribute.
What part of a pig is the tenderloin from?
The tenderloin is taken from the upper ribcage of the pig. Don’t mistake it for pork loin as they require different cooking styles. The tenderloin is lower in fat and cooks quicker, where as the loin is best slow cooked or grilled. It is also known as a pork fillet or Gentleman’s Cut.
What are the best potatoes to use?
I like to use Yukon Gold potatoes, they hold their shape and crisp up nicely whilst having a soft and fluffy center. If you can’t get Yukon Gold, other yellow skinned potatoes will work well.
How long does it keep?
This honey mustard pork tenderloin is best served straight away. If you have any leftovers they will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Recipe Notes and Tips
- Let the pork come to room temperature before placing it in the oven, this will help it to cook more evenly. I like to take it out of the fridge about 30 minutes before I start cooking.
- Pat the pork dry before seasoning it. This will create less steam during cooking.
- Be sure to let the pork rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing it.
More Easy Pork Recipes
- Crock Pot Smothered Pork Chops Recipe
- Pork Crown Roast Recipe with Whiskey Glaze
- Stuffing Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe (Pork Roulade)
- Orange Cranberry Pork Loin Roast Recipe (Roasted Pork)