This Chicken and Waffles Recipe is such a cute and delicious appetizer. These MINI CHICKEN AND WAFFLES ON A STICK are so fun and perfect for celebrating! Whether its the holidays or game day, these will wow any crowd. I love that these Mini Chicken and Waffles are the perfect size. So delicious with syrup!
Chicken and Waffles Recipe – Mini Chicken and Waffles on a Stick
This mini chicken and waffles recipe is a fun twist on a classic dish. Mini waffles and chicken on a stick make a tasty appetizer!
I love this creative Chicken and Waffles Recipe. I can still remember the first time I had chicken and waffles. I was living in Jacksonville, Florida and there were so many good restaurants. Chicken and Waffles are the ultimate brunch recipe…toasty waffles layered with crispy chicken and smothered in syrup. I mean, just describing it makes me hungry and happy.
This Mini Chicken and Waffles Recipe is a fun play on a classic southern dish and it is one of my favorite ways to celebrate. These Mini Chicken and Waffles on a Stick are the ultimate way to ring in the New Year, cheer on your favorite team in the big game, or have with friends and family for a Summer BBQ. They are literally a year round favorite!
This Mini Chicken and Waffles Recipe is a fun twist on a classic dish. You have to try these Mini Chicken & Waffles on a Stick!
How to Make Chicken and Waffles on a Stick
This Mini Chicken and Waffles recipe was so fun and simple to make. It’s all about basic ingredients with lots of flavor. Chicken, waffles, syrup, voila! Chicken and Waffles on a stick!
We started with a quick and easy batter for the fried chicken, and it’s so much easier than I ever though it could be. Fried chicken has always been a little intimidating…but there’s no reason for all that. If I can do it, you can do it too!
This chicken is juicy, flavorful, and has just the right amount of crunch! And just look at that syrup drip…The more syrup the better if you ask me!!!
See the recipe card below for full instructions on how to make chicken and waffles on a stick
Do You Put Syrup on Chicken and Waffles?
YES! The idea of combining maple syrup with chicken might sound strange to some, but I assure you it is SO DELICIOUS. Traditionally, Chicken and Waffles is eaten with syrup on top (the more, the better). The sweetness of the syrup really brings out the flavors of the chicken and moistens the waffles.
I definitely added plenty of syrup to this Mini Chicken and Waffles Recipe. Even on a stick, it still needs syrup. You absolutely have to try it.
Mini Chicken and Waffles on a Stick – The Perfect Party Appetizer
Wouldn’t these mini chicken and waffles be so cute to serve at a child’s birthday party or a girls brunch? I’m SO obsessed.
I love the flavor combo of this chicken and waffles recipe. Judging by the way chicken and waffles is popping up on menus left and right, I’d say a lot of other people do too. Have you tried it?! I know it sounds weird to some of you, but give it a chance. It’s so fun and delicious.
We are big fans of this mini chicken and waffles recipe. Plus it’s cute to boot. I love food on a stick! It makes life so much easier.
Now that you know how to make chicken and waffles on a stick, break out the skillet and fry up some of these babies. These Mini Chicken and Waggles are just too fun.
See the recipe card below for details on How to Make this Mini Chicken and Waffles Recipe. Enjoy!
If you like this chicken and waffles recipe, you’ll love these chicken recipes too:
- Baked Oven Fried Chicken
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken
- Baked Chicken Tacos
- Baked Chicken Wings
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
This Mini Chicken and Waffles Recipe is such a cute and delicious appetizer. These MINI CHICKEN AND WAFFLES ON A STICK are so fun and perfect for celebrating! Whether its the holidays or game day, these will wow any crowd. I love that these Mini Chicken and Waffles are the perfect size. So delicious with syrup!
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups cultured lowfat buttermilk
- ¼ cup 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Canola Oil for frying
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4-6 chicken breast tenders skinless & boneless
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground garlic or garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¾ cup cold soda water *See Note
- Maple syrup for dipping or drizzling
- Set waffle iron to MEDIUM temperature.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, powdered sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Add buttermilk, melted butter, egg whites and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- The waffle iron is hot enough when the waffle iron indicator is red (on my machine anyway).
- For a 9-inch waffle maker, use about half of the batter. (Follow the instructions per your waffle maker.) Close the lid and cook until waffle golden brown and still steaming.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Place a cooling rack over a baking sheet.
- Heat 2 cups of oil in a heavy skillet to 375°F.
- Season the chicken, on both sides, with salt & pepper.
- In a medium dish, whisk together flour, mustard powder, garlic powder, paprika and soda water.
- Dredge the chicken in the batter and let the excess drip off.
- Fry until chicken is golden brown on one side then flip the chicken, using tongs, and fry on the other side until it is golden brown and cooked through. Internal temperature should read 160°F. (The chicken breasts will continue to cook after removing from the heat.) Transfer the chicken to the cooling rack to drain.
- Cut each waffle square into fourths. Cut each chicken tender into fourths.
- Skewer one piece of chicken between two mini waffle squares onto an appetizer skewer.
- Serve immediately with a side of maple syrup (or drizzle the syrup over the chicken waffle appetizers).
*Note: The cold soda water keeps the batter light and crispy.