Whip up a batch of perfectly crisp bacon in a fraction of the time with this easy Air Fryer Bacon recipe! Simple to make without any mess, this will be your new favorite way to cook bacon.
Crispy Air Fryer Bacon
Who doesn’t love bacon? No weekend breakfast is complete without a towering plate of bacon… and the mess that ensues. Next weekend, give air fryer bacon a try! It’s my go-to method for cooking crispy bacon without any oil splatters.
Once you cook bacon in the air fryer you will never go back to any other method! So easy, extra crispy, hassle free, and hands down delicious.
Why You’ll Love this Easy Bacon Recipe:
- SO QUICK: Air fried bacon is ready in less than 10 minutes!
- HEALTHIER: Unlike cooking bacon on the stovetop or in the oven, air fried bacon doesn’t sit in fat as it cooks. It’s still wonderfully crispy, without all of the grease.
- MAKE AHEAD: This method is great for breakfast meal prep! Cooked bacon keeps well in the refrigerator and is freezer-friendly, too.
Skip the stovetop and try air fryer bacon instead!
How to Make Air Fryer Bacon
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Preheat the air fryer.
- Arrange the bacon in a single layer.
- Cook until crispy.
For super crispy bacon, cook bacon at 400°F. Preheat the air fryer before adding the bacon so it’s already nice and hot.
It depends on what kind of air fryer you are using. In my basket-style fryer, thick-cut bacon took about 9 minutes to cook. You can easily add a couple more minutes to the cook time if needed.
Yes! Regular cut bacon may cook faster than thick-cut bacon as it’s thinner. Adjust the cook time accordingly.
There is no need to spray the basket with oil before adding the bacon.
If you are cooking several batches of bacon, empty the grease from the basket base before each batch. Safely discard the grease or keep it to use in another recipe, like bacon dripping gravy.
Delicious on it’s own, it’s also a flavorful addition to salads, soups, and more. Use air fried bacon in any of these recipes:
- Bacon Corn Chowder
- Broccoli Bacon Salad
- BBQ Baked Beans with Bacon
- Cheesy Bacon Crusted Chicken
- Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
Bacon is such an easy way to add an extra burst of salty flavor!
- For extra crispy bacon, preheat the air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes.
- Place the strips of bacon in a single layer in the basket. If any strips begin to overlap, cook the bacon in batches.
- In between cooking batches of bacon, drain the bacon grease to prevent smoking.
Air fryer bacon is just as delicious as stovetop bacon without any of the mess. It’s a total game changer!
Can I use turkey bacon?
Absolutely! Simply replace thick-cut pork bacon with turkey bacon and follow the recipe as written.
How should I store cooked bacon?
Make a big batch of bacon and keep it on hand for breakfast each morning! Once cooked, let the bacon cool, place in an airtight container, and refrigerate for up to 4 days. Enjoy it cold or reheat in the air fryer at 400°F for 1-2 minutes.
Can I freeze cooked bacon?
Yes! Wrap bacon in plastic wrap, place in an airtight container, and freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw in the refrigerator before reheating.
More Quick Air Fryer Recipes We Love
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken
- Air Fryer Jalapeño Poppers
- Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers
- Air Fryer Donuts
- Air Fryer Juicy Lucy Cheeseburgers
Any time is a good time for bacon, especially air fryer bacon! It’s quick, simple, and clean up is a breeze.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes to Try:
- Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- English Muffin Breakfast Pizza
- Skillet Breakfast Casserole
- Cereal Milk Breakfast Smoothie
- Breakfast Muffins
- Breakfast Tacos
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.