This mint chocolate Swiss roll is filled with a creme de menthe filling and finished with a rich chocolate glaze for a delicious baked dessert that the whole family will love!
Christmas Swiss Roll Recipe
Chocolate and mint are such a great combination, and this mint chocolate Swiss roll is all kinds of wonderful!
This makes for a great centerpiece dessert and is great choice to serve up to friends and family this Christmas.
Rich, chocolatey and easier to make than you think!
Why you’ll love this Mint Chocolate Swiss Roll Recipe:
- Great for a crowd: This recipe makes two Swiss rolls, so it’s a great option if you are entertaining.
- Make ahead: For an easy dessert that can be made ahead of time, this is a great option!
How to make mint chocolate Swiss roll
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
For the chocolate cake roll
- Beat together the eggs until thick.
- Add cake mix, water and oil and mix.
- Spread the batter evenly in two prepared cake pans.
- Remove from the oven coat with cocoa.
- Roll up the cakes and let cool on a rack
For the Creme de Menthe Filling
- Mix together the mascarpone.
- Mix in the Creme de Menthe and salt.
- Add the powdered sugar and whisk.
For the chocolate glaze
- Heat the cream.
- Stir in the chocolate chips
Fill and glaze the cakes
- Brush the cakes with Creme de Menthe.
- Spread the Creme de Menthe filling over the top evenly.
- Roll the cakes, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Once set, pour the chocolate glaze over the cakes.
- Refrigerate until set.
How long does it keep?
This mint chocolate Swiss roll is a great make ahead dessert and will keep well, covered in the fridge for up to 3 days. Keep it covered, loosely with plastic wrap. It can be sliced and served straight from chilled.
How do you roll a Swiss roll without the cake cracking?
The best way to roll your cake is to do it as soon as you can when it’s removed from the oven. When the cake is warm it is more pliable, making it less likely to crack.
Can you freeze it?
This recipe makes two Swiss rolls, but luckily it’s freezer friendly so you can enjoy it at a later date. Once the chocolate has set, wrap the cake tightly in plastic wrap and foil and place in a freezer bag or air tight container.
It will keep well for up to 3 months and can be thawed at room temperature or in the fridge overnight.
- I used a stand mixer to mix the cake batter. You can also use a hand mixer or do it by hand, but it will take a little longer.
- The cake should be fully cooled before adding the Creme de Menthe filling, or it will slide out when you roll it.
- Chill the Swiss roll before glazing it with the chocolate.
More Chocolatey Recipes We Love
- M&M Brownies Cookies
- Mocha Cookies
- S’mores Brownie Cookies
- Homemade Magic Shell Chocolate
- Chocolate Fudge Frosting
More Cake Recipes
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.