Get ready for the most delicious brownie cupcakes! These chocolate beauties are easy to make with a few simple ingredients and are the perfect mix of brownie and cupcake! Topped with a creamy chocolate buttercream frosting.
Brownie Cupcakes Recipe
I think I am in chocolate heaven with these delicious brownie cupcakes! You guys, these are so scrumptious, I just know you are going to love them!
I know you won’t want to share them, but your friends and family will love you if you do!
Why You’ll Love this Brownie Cupcakes Recipe:
- Perfect for Special Occasions: These cupcakes are perfect all year round and are great for Valentine’s, Easter and the holidays!
- Easy: You only need a handful of simple ingredients to make a batch of these chocolate cupcakes. They’re a great recipe that your kids can help you out with!
- Quick: It takes about 15 minutes to make up a batch of these cupcakes before they go into the oven.
Trademark Note: In the spirit of transparency, I want to note that some of these ingredients are trademarked products. Hershey’s is a proprietary brand that I want to acknowledge and give credit to.
How to Make brownie cupcakes
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Melt together the butter and chocolate chips.
- Whisk together the eggs and sugar and whisk in the flour and vanilla.
- Pour the melted chocolate in and fold together.
- Scoop the batter into cup cake liners and bake.
How to Store Brownie Cupcakes
Once you have iced the brownies, store them in an airtight container and they will keep well for 2 days.
I prefer not to store them in the fridge, but if you do, let them come to room temperature before enjoying.
Make Ahead Instructions
You can make the chocolate buttercream frosting up to a week ahead of time and keep it stored, covered in the fridge. You can also freeze the frosting for two months.
Unfrosted brownies can be wrapped in plastic wrap and stored at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Decorating Your Brownie Cupcakes
I decorated these with a square of Hersheys, because quite honestly there isn’t a thing as too much chocolate!
You can leave the Hersheys out of you prefer or try adding some sprinkles to fit in with any occasion.
- The brownie batter should be fully combined and smooth in texture with no lumps.
- You can make the cookies without cupcake liners if you prefer, just be sure to grease your muffin tin well.
- Bake the brownie cupcakes in a fully preheated oven so that they bake through evenly.
- This will make 9 brownie cupcakes and filling them ¾ of the way full will take the brownie to the top of the wrapper as shown in my picture. If you want to fill the wrappers halfway, you could stretch it to fill 12 cupcake wrappers.
These chocolatey cupcakes are the perfect idea for Valentine’s desserts, parties, or weekend treats!
More Cupcake Recipes to Try
More Brownie Recipes
These brownie cupcakes are just one of the many fudgy brownie recipes you should try. Indulge in all of them and let us know which you like the best!
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.