Sweet potato chips are a great healthy side dish that can go with just about anything! They are so easy and so much better than store-bought (deep fried) chips. This Baked Sweet Potato Chips Recipe is a go to for a fun and delicious but HEALTHY side dish. These Sweet Potato Chips are coated with a delicious spice blend and then baked and not fried. If you’ve wondered how to make Sweet Potato Chips crispy and addicting, today is your day!
Baked Sweet Potato Chips are SO full of flavor and are also healthy and easy!
Baked Sweet Potato Chips are a healthy favorite at our house. Pat is always asking me to PUT DOWN THE Tacos, Cheese Dip, and Brownies and make healthier options. His favorite recipe I make is my Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa, but this Baked Sweet Potato Chips Recipe is a close second.
Sweet Potato Chips are the perfect side dish for everything from Skillet Steak to Chicken Burgers and Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes. I LOVE the spices that coat these crispy baked chips and I love anything I can dip in ALL the sauces. I’m craving them just talking about them.
Sweet Potato Chips are so full of flavor, you’ll never miss the fat.
Now that Henry is here, we are trying to be careful with what we eat. It’s just too easy to grab fast food on the way home or eat whatever is easiest instead of cooking things from scratch. Luckily for everyone these Baked Sweet Potato Chips are SO simple and quick; made in under 30 minutes! I have a feeling these will be a huge hit in your house like it is in ours!
Tips for making Homemade Sweet Potato Chips:
You can make these Sweet Potato fries as thick or as thin as you’d like. The thinner you cut them, the crispier they’ll be!
I think I will make them a bit thinner next time I make these (I will be making these again…and again…and again). they worked out just fine about about 1/4 inch thick…but I think I would like them better slightly thinner/crispier.
I found that after baking the chips for 10 minutes on each side, it worked best to then broil them on high for a couple minutes (watch them carefully or they will get really burnt) this just amps up the crispiness a bit and makes them even tastier!
If you love potato chips, expand your horizons with these Homemade Sweet Potato Chips. I have a feeling you’ll love them as much as we do. Be sure to check out some of our other favorite healthy sides like Brussels Sprouts with Pear and Blue Cheese, Garlic Roasted Broccoli, and Skinny Mexican Street Corn.
See the recipe card or watch the video below for full details on How to Make Sweet Potato Chips. Enjoy!
Baked Sweet Potato Chips Recipe
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt to taste...it goes a long way
- light ranch dressing or ketchup for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Cut 3/4 pound sweet potatoes into thin slices. (we did 1/4 inch, but i think even thinner would be better)
- Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and dash of seasoning salt in a bowl.
- Add sweet potatoes; toss gently to coat.
- Cover a lightly oiled nonstick baking sheet with a single layer of potatoes
- roast, turning once, until golden and tender (about 10 minutes on each side)
- after roasting, broil on each side (high for just a couple minutes), watch them closely to make sure they do not burn
- serve with ranch or ketchup for dipping. enjoy!