This light and delicious Pink Grapefruit Cake is simple to prepare and drizzled with a gorgeous grapefruit glaze. Made with cream cheese, fresh pink grapefruit juice, and of course some sugar, the flavor and texture are both divine!
Grapefruit Bundt Cake
Grapefruit is not always the go to fruit for cakes, but it really should be! This glazed Pink Grapefruit Cake is moist, fresh and the perfect balance between tart and sweet!
How To Make This Pink Grapefruit Cake – Step By Step
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
FOR THE PINK GRAPEFRUIT CAKE:
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. Then, in a mixer bowl, cream together granulated sugar, butter and cream cheese. Beat on HIGH 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at-a-time, beating on MEDIUM until incorporated after each addition, then add the oil, zest, grapefruit juice and vanilla; beat until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake at 325°F for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few crumbs.While the cake bakes, prepare the Ginger Grapefruit Glaze.
FOR THE GINGER GRAPEFRUIT GLAZE:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together juice, zest, oil, ginger paste, and salt. Add powdered sugar and whisk until creamy and smooth.
- Transfer the cake to a cooling rack, cool 10 minutes then invert cake onto the rack – turn cake upright. Cool completely.
- Drizzle with glaze and sprinkle evenly with the crystallized ginger.
An Easy Cake Recipe
This Grapefruit Cake is perfect for any last minute cake emergencies! It’s delicious, looks great and is simple to make. If you’re a novice baker, it’s perfect.
A Delicious Glaze
This sweet and tangy grapefruit cake doesn’t really need a glaze, but it works so well and it’s so easy.
This simple grapefruit glaze adds even more grapefruit flavor. It comes together quickly and easily with a handful of ingredients. Just a few whisks and you’re done!
Can You Freeze This Grapefruit Cake?
If you have frozen the cake with glaze on it, then let it defrost in the fridge to minimize the formation of condensation on the frosting.
- Rub the zest and sugar together before adding to the rest of the ingredients. You can just do this in a bowl with your fingers. This releases the oils in the zest and makes the sugar fragrant and much more citrusy .
- Grease your cake pan extremely well. Bundt cakes have a tendency of keeping hold of a cake if it’s not greased well!
- When zesting your grapefruit, make sure you only grate the pretty rosy yellow part as the white pith is very bitter.
- To check if the cake is done, you can stick a toothpick in it, if the toothpick comes out clean, you are good to go!
Check Out These Other Delicious Cake Recipes
- Old Fashioned Oatmeal Cake
- Salted Caramel No Bake Cheesecake
- Pecan Pie Pound Cake
- Hummingbird Cake
- Kentucky Butter Cake
- Blueberry Raspberry Coffee Cake
- Best Banana Cake
- White Layer Cake with Strawberry Filling
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.
This looks amazing! Do you think it would work with dairy free cream cheese and milk? My husband’s birthday is this week and he loves grapefruit. . but dairy doesn’t like him 😅
I haven’t tried it but you can give it a shot!