Wonderfully fresh and flavor and dressed in a honey vinaigrette, this quinoa salad is one delicious side dish. Simple to make it’s a great side salad to serve with all your favorite mains.
Healthy Quinoa Salad Recipe
Time for a bit of goodness with this delicious recipe!
This easy quinoa salad is a great side dish to serve with meats and fish, but it also makes for a hearty vegetarian lunch.
The dressing is the perfect blend of sweet and tangy, and every mouthful is packed full of flavor.
Be sure to try my 3 bean salad and Olive Garden salad too!
Why you’ll love this Easy Quinoa Salad recipe:
- HEALTHY: Rich in fiber, minerals and antioxidants, quinoa is a great addition to a well balanced diet.
- GLUTEN-FREE: Quinoa is naturally gluten-free so it’s a great option for those with wheat allergies.
- VEGETARIAN: This is a great lunch option for meat free Monday, and can easily be made vegan with a few swaps.
How to make Easy Quinoa Salad
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Whisk together the ingredients for the salad dressing.
- Saute the quinoa in the butter.
- Add water and boil until the quinoa is fully cooked.
- Allow the quinoa to cool in the fridge.
- Mix the quinoa with the rest of the ingredients and toss in the salad dressing to serve.
Can you make it ahead of time?
This is a great make ahead recipe and is perfect for weekly meal prep. The mixed and dressed salad will keep well in the fridge for around 4 to 5 days, depending on the freshness of the veggies.
The dressing will keep well in the fridge for a couple of weeks.
Can you make it vegan?
Yes! Simply swap the honey in the dressing for maple syrup and saute the quinoa in olive oil or a plant based butter.
What do you serve with it?
This quinoa salad works great with so many mains, from seafood to chicken to grilled meats. It’s an excellent side/salad for potlucks, BBQ or picnics. Try it with:
- Feel free to add in any other favorite veggies to this recipe. Bell peppers and shredded cabbage works great! I like to add whatever produce is in season to change things up.
- You can make double the amount of quinoa and freeze it for later use. It keeps well for up to 6 months.
- Store in an airtight container to keep the salad fresh.
This quinoa salad is so versatile, we ate this with so many meals throughout the week. It’s one tasty way to get the goodness in!
More Salad Recipes we Love
- Chicken Cobb Salad
- Spinach Salad with Bacon
- Potato Salad
- Mediterranean Orzo Salad
- Creamy Broccoli Bacon Salad
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.