Tuck into this delicious and easy Cobb Salad recipe, you will love it! Packed with protein, veggies and topped with crumbled blue cheese, it’s a super satisfying lunch or dinner option.
Classic Cobb Salad
This vibrant and flavor packed Cobb Salad has all the goodies you’d expect from a restaurant dish! Chicken, eggs, bacon are nestled next to creamy avocado, juicy tomatoes and crispy lettuce – so good! Gluten free and keto friendly, this hearty salad will please everybody.
Why You’ll Love this Cobb Salad Recipe:
- AN EASY COBB SALAD: It’s so simple to assemble this salad, perfect for a filling lunch or dinner when you’re in a rush.
- LOADED WITH PROTEIN: Loaded with grilled chicken and hard boiled eggs, this is power packed.
- KID FRIENDLY: Brimming with veggies, this gorgeous and delicious salad will be a hit with the little ones.
This classic salad is a great recipe to have in your weekly rota, so many wonderful flavors and textures! Top with your favorite dressing, we love ranch around our house.
How to Make Cobb Salad
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Slice your ingredients.
- Fill your salad bowls with chopped lettuce and divide the toppings evenly among the bowls.
- Top with crumbled blue cheese and drizzle over your dressing.
Cobb salad is a main dish salad comprising of chopped salad greens and topped with chicken, bacon, eggs, avocado, tomatoes. Stories vary about the exact origin of the dish but it is to be named after restaurant owner Robert Cobb.
A chef salad and a Cobb salad share a number of ingredients. However, a Cobb salad has tomatoes and avocado.
Instead of blue cheese, use any crumbly cheese like feta or goat cheese.
Yes, you can make up the salad ahead of time and keep in the fridge for up to 2 days. Just leave the dressing off the salad until ready to serve. This is a great salad for meal prep.
A Cobb salad is super hearty and packed with everything you need from a balanced meal.
- To keep things super simple you can use pre cooked chicken.
- Add some lemon juice to your avocado, to stop it from browning too quickly. Especially useful if you are making ahead of time.
- You change up your chopped greens by adding a mix of romaine, iceberg, watercress, and endives.
Fresh, delicious and hearty, there’s a reason why this is one of the world’s most popular salads!
What kind of dressing should I use?
Can I use a different kind of lettuce?
Absolutely! Instead of romaine lettuce, use any combination of spinach, arugula, romaine, or butter lettuces.
Is a Cobb Salad Healthy?
This salad is low in carbs high in protein and packed with nutrients from all the veggies. Plus it’s gluten free and keto friendly.
More Healthy Dinner Recipes We Love
- Shrimp and Asparagus Sheet Pan Meal
- Baked Tomatoes with Mozzarella
- Weight Watchers Cabbage Soup
- Parmesan Crusted Tilapia Recipe
This easy Cobb salad recipe is a full meal that’s ready in 15 minutes, kid friendly, packed with protein and utterly delicious!
More Easy Salad Recipes to Try:
- Mandarin Orange Salad Recipe
- Chicken Caesar Salad
- 3 Bean Salad Recipe
- Zesty Panzanella Salad
- Asian Cucumber Salad
- Grilled Peach Salad
- Creamy Pea Salad
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!